F1

Enabling DRS at start of race–what would stop this happening in the 3rd lap?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hynee
    Participant

… besides a yellow or safety car?

If another car had such a bad start that it was likely to be lapped on laps 3-5, would they delay the DRS then?

I’m guessing it’s all down to Charlie Whiting’s discretion, but I don’t really know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m just wondering why it would matter?

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Maybe if there was light rain or oil on the track? I can’t imagine it’ll be an issue very often

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

I think only rain, a Safety Car or a yellow on the whole the activation straight would prevent DRS deployment.

Hynee
    Participant

Thanks for your answers guys.

I don’t think it’s that important.

Hynee
    Participant

Oddly enough, we saw this at Silverstone. DRS was enabled on lap 6, when the track got much dryer.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Hah, I didn’t think this question would ever be that relevant… shows what I know!

Scary Terry
    Participant

yeah but i think it was due to safety. cause they enabled it in silverstone and then broke his wing right? probably thats the thing they dont want. cause in the wet they brake early and not at the absolute last minute so the guy drafting might bump in cause he is much faster?

BasCB
    Participant

Its more the track being slippery and having low downforce before the corners is a lot more of a problem in the wet Hatebreeder. But I agree, that the FIA will probably look at this also to prevent what you describe.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.