F1

F1 apps?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KaIIe
    Participant

My old cellphone is dying after three and a half years of faithful service, so it’s time to buy a new one. I started thinking I could follow some F1 live timing with a new phone. So, my question is, what kind of phone is best for that? Or does it even matter whether it’s iOS or Android (most likely I’m getting the latter)? And are these apps free? Apparently last year the official app from F1.com was, but at least now it’s priced at (a rather steep) 24€.

raymondu999
    Participant

The official app is still free for any platform. There’s a “Premium” type app by Soft Pauer – that brings you all sorts of things like a live GPS map and costs some 32 USD. It goes down by the race though (as you’re enjoying less and less live data).

For what it’s worth; I’ve purchased the F1 Timing CP from Soft Pauer since 2009. Or 2010. Whichever year it was first released. It really shows you who’s where, and the ability to do that while seeing the sector times at the same time is really fantastic. But those things all have a different price for different people. I find the expense justified. Some people might not.

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

I had the free live timing app for Android last year, was considering £19.99 one but my internets so bad, it wouldn’t work out at £1 approx per race

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.