F1

F1 dream team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dragoll
    Participant

I was wondering about what would be the best team/driver combination to have in F1 right at this point? Then I thought, what everyone else would think was the best to have.

So the guidelines/rules:
    * Must be current F1 drivers/teams in the 2013 season (no ex-drivers, or test drivers)
    * Must pick 2 drivers
    * Must pick 1 team
    * Contracts are irrelevant for this purpose

I’ll kick it off:
    Team: Red Bull Racing
    Driver 1: Fernando Alonso
    Driver 2: Sebastian Vettel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Driver 1: Sebastian Vettel
    Driver 2: Fernando Alonso

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Driver 2: Lewis Hamilton

sozavele
    Participant

Marussia F1 Team
    Driver 1: Lewis Hamilton

andae23
    Participant

Didn’t choose Vettel: I think Vettel has got the outright pace to compete with Alonso and Hamilton, but in his career Seb hasn’t had many setbacks in comparison with Hamilton and Alonso. So because I don’t know how he would react, I’d choose Hamilton and Alonso over Vettel.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

I didn’t choose Vettel because I still don’t think that he is in the same league as Alonso and Hamilton. I’d put Vettel on a Raikonnen level.

HK
    Participant

Team: Red Bull Racing (Newey + Allison combo)
    Driver 1: Sebastian Vettel

Vettel as first driver, I think right now he is the most complete driver, fast in quali+race, and very consistent. And then i choose Hamilton over Alonso simply cause of 1lap speed. Vettel and Hamilton are untouchable in qualy. Alonso is very very good on race day, but he has to be, since he mostely starts outside the top3.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

I don’t think Vettel would be untouchable, Lewis is the faster qualifier of the two.

David Margono
    Participant

Team: Mercedes

A 100% pole position and front-row lockout rate over the course of the season between them is not out of the question. I’d expect 2 Silver Arrows to be leading the pack at the start of every race, though how they cope over a race distance is another story :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alonso v Lewis in the same car??? Who’s fastest??

Mclaren
    Participant

@Garns, “Alonso v Lewis in the same car??? Who’s fastest??” answer is Hamilton, look back at 07.

Team: Mercedes

Alonso unfortunately doesn’t have the 1 lap pace to trouble these 2, that’s why i didn’t pick him. Alonso is 33 and is not a very good qualifier, whereas Mark Webber is 37 and on the verge of retirement and is still a very good qualifier as he usually is within a tenth or two of Vettel, that’s something to think about.

wsrgo
    Participant

Team: Andrea Moda
    Drivers: Jean-Denis Deletraz, Philippe Alliot….:D

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Alonso plus Hamilton are the best :-)

Deej92
    Participant

@Mclaren I completely agree, that’s why I don’t put Alonso into the Vettel and Hamilton category. Hamilton showed his superior one lap pace against him in his first year when he got 6 poles to Alonso’s 2. Alonso is up there as one of the best racers, but as an overall package, Vettel and Hamilton are the best drivers.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Team – Red Bull
    They definitely seem to be the strongest outfit in almost every area. That may change next year, but I think it’s highly unlikely.

Driver 1 – Sebastian Vettel
    I think he gets a lot negative comments, but you can’t doubt three Championships. Though when he started, I liked him, and since then I haven’t, mainly because he has won when I wanted others to win, I can’t not like him forever. He’s a great driver.

Driver 2 – Jenson Button
    A world Champion, and in my opinion a great driver. Jenson can be as good as anyone on his day, and doesn’t let politics and rivalries get to him. The team’s harmony would be far better than if it was either Lewis or Fernando.
    I like Alonso, but I still doubt whether he can deal with a team that may not favour him…and I plain just don’t like Hamilton. I respect his ability, but don’t think he’s as good as Vettel, nor do I think he would cope well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.