F1

F1 & Moto GP in Abu Dhabi/Dubai

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

next month, i will going to the middle east, visiting abu dhabi and dubai. really looking forward to experiencing a new culture.

however, i will be missing the Chinese Grand Prix and the Malaysian GP as well as Moto GP in Jerez. What sort of coverage is there of these events in the countries?

Anyone who lives there/been in a simulation, i would greatley appreciate some advice :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

For F1, the races and in fact all sessions are on AbuDhabi sports channel 2 . I think you’ll probably find it in any hotel that has TV’s . it’s a free channel.

dunno about MotoGP , not a fan.

GeeMac
    Participant

MotoGP is also on Abu Dhabi Sports 2, or it could be Al Jazeera Sports, not sure. The commentary is English for MotoGP but Arabic for F1, so I’d suggest you bring a laptop and watch any GP’s that may be on at the time on a live feed, unless you speak Arabic of course!

AzraQ, do you know of a way of getting the F1 commentary in English? I’ve contacted OSN/Du but they are pretty hopeless, they didn’t seem to know what F1 was!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

You could always try BBC Radio 5 Live? Though the likelihood of you getting it outside the UK is slim…

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Oh and this reminds me…i’ll be in Portugal for the German GP. Is there anything in the way of coverage in Portugal for F1? ;) Hope you don’t mind me asking in your thread SovietWookie!

MattHT
    Participant

According to Wikipedia, The Portuguese sports broadcaster Sport TV will have all five sessions on live. It has 7 channels, but it’s subscription based, so find a sports bar and pray there’s no football on!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Ta boss. Now…to convince Nichola it’s a good idea!

ok, thanks for that guys :)

looking forward to it even more, knowing i can watch the races :)

GeeMac
    Participant

Yeah 5live is blocked out here… :( So I’m back to my old routine of sound on the laptop and picures on the TV.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.