F1

F1F's most annoying aspect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hare
    Participant

The one things that annoys me more than *anything* else on F1F [and this is not a knock on Keith’s efforts at all, but rather a niggle, that became and itch that became a sore], is I can’t link back to all my comments and see what people have written.

I’m really keen to keep track of my specific comments and see what people have said as part of that specific conversation. At the moment I have to filter through hundreds of comments and pages and pages of threads to see what I posted and what people said in reply. I also loose track of my comments past a day or so, so a record of my posts would be very very… very welcome. :)

My suggestions :

– When notified about comments, I want the link to go straight to my comment so I can see what people said specifically in reply to me.

– A page associated with my profile, that shows me my last NN comments, and links to them ( similar to the forum posts )

And for my post addendum : Keith, this is the spot on the Mona Lisa’s ever more shapely nose for me. We’re all totally appreciative of what you do.. as you well know, but I thought I’d remind you :)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Edit: What I said only applies to forum threads ;)

Icthyes
    Participant

When you post a comment, it redirects you to it. Save the link. I know it’s arsey but these things would probably cost more money to have.

Red Andy
    Participant

You can also link directly to a comment by clicking on its timestamp, which you could then save.

Hare
    Participant

I know, but the admin involved in tracking 20, 30, 40+ comments is a nightmare. I get notified about people posting to the article.. I just want the comment number attached, and a flag if it’s mine at worst :D

( maybe something like http://disqus.com/ would fix everything ;) )

jsw11984
    Participant

I think this would be easier to implement with the logging in now, as comments could be tracked using that users details

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Andrew- what did you say?!

I see your gripe hair but it doesn’t bother me so much, mainly because I have a nice colourful gravatar so I can scroll though the comments quickly and look out for a blob of yellow!

Icthyes
    Participant

Or Ctrl+F “Icthyes”

I see what you mean though – you want to know when people comment on *your* comment. I think that’s in the works.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Like on Facebook, when someone replies to a post you made you get notified on top of the page… (I had said this some time ago).

US_Peter
    Participant

I see your gripe hair but it doesn’t bother me so much, mainly because I have a nice colourful gravatar so I can scroll though the comments quickly and look out for a blob of yellow!

Same for me. I do sometimes forget where I’ve made a comment that I want to go back and check up on however, but once I do it’s easy to find my comments. I just wish BasCB had a nice colorful gravatar so it would be easier to pick out his comments!

wasiF1
    Participant

” When notified about comments, I want the link to go straight to my comment so I can see what people said specifically in reply to me.”

I agree with this part.

BasCB
    Participant

OK, US_Peter, I will have to adress this matter and find a nice avatar! – Like that?

I do think it would be nice if the email notifications link you to the comment directly or some form of knowing to whom it was a reply.

RIISE

Aha BasCB finally has a gravatar, well played!!! Noticeable too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The comments on the site articles work just fine…

..but I know I’d like the forum to be more forum-y, like ever other forums I’ve ever been a member of.

Avatars, post counts, member level, signatures, easily quotable posts, embeddable images, tools for easy post formatting (html/bbscode/whatever – the Forza Motorsport forum is especially good at this) private messaging, more sub-forums for different things (News Response, Driver Discussion, Track Talk, Racing Games, Automotive Art, What if?, Games, Other Motorsports, Off-Topic… just some ideas for titles) Just so everything is arranged better and more easily navigatable. It’s just a bit of a free-for-all at the moment

Some may say F1F might take a turn for the worse if that happened, and become ‘just another forum’, but there’s a good breed of pepole on here, and some top notch moderators. Could become the most respected and interesting F1/Motorsport forum out there.

RIISE

I agree with all of that ajokay apart from Post count, in my experience as a moderator on some Video game forums people seem to make it their objective to bump it up posting meaningless crap.

But apart from that everything else I would love.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.