F1

For sure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sbl on tour
    Participant

where did this annoying phrase come from, i,ve heard it being used since the early 70s and only F1 drivers down the years seem to use it

for sure “for sure” it gets on my wick

Ads21
    Participant

for sure not! I think its quite cool when non-English speakers do it especially Felipe who seems to have made it a trade mark but I’m amazed how much Hamilton Webber and Button use it as well now. It still amuses me more than it annoys me though

Anonymous
    Inactive

For sure I agree. For sure is awesome.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For sure I agree. For sure is awesome.

DamionShadows
    Participant

Reminds me of that joke on Juan Pablo Montoya about how many times they could say “one” during an interview.

sbl on tour
    Participant

for sure, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,the only good thing thing thats come out of this post is this clip of jpm

robk23
    Participant

For sure, that JPM clip is brilliant, especially the full version.

Asanator
    Participant

Anyone noticed how Vettel never says it, opting to use ‘Surely’ in it’s place?

Enigma
    Participant

I’ve noticed both Red Bull drivers, especially Mark, say ‘obviously’ very, very often.

Estesark
    Participant

I remember Mika Häkkinen saying “for sure” a lot, which has carried on with the other Finnish drivers.

In Finland, everyone learns how to read and write English just about perfectly, but they practise speaking it very little, so they lack confidence. It also goes some way to explaining why their accents are so terrible.

damonsmedley
    Participant

Listen to Vettel before a race (in a grid walk or whatever) and you’ll notice he always responds with “It’s a long race, a lot of things can happen.” Seriously, keep an ear out for it!

Enigma
    Participant

That is something he does tend to say often – does he word it the same as well?

damonsmedley
    Participant

@Enigma Not sure if it’s completely identical each time, but he probably says the same thing with a few words changed. It’s funny because I don’t think he realises he does it and he’s developed a default subconscious response, much like “for sure”.

Browny
    Participant

Christian Horner: “we are seeking clarity”, he uses that word ‘clarity’ all the time, never heard it being used much otherwise. Oh and Felipe Massa ‘thankyou everybody’

Dan
    Participant

Christian Horner beginning almost every answer with “Yeah no, …” irritates me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.