F1

“Forza”: Santander’s tribute to Ferrari

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ferrari sponsor Santander have produced an unusual video tribute to them combing trance music, team radio and a bit of chanting:

andae23
    Participant

How original – I have never heard someone doing a remix with car-related sounds before.

Let’s put it kindly and just say it’s not my cup of tea.

@andae23 Yeah I’m trying the “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything” thing. Which is new for me.

Though I do wonder if they cleared the copyright on those team radio samples with FOM…

andae23
    Participant

@keithcollantine I heard they did ask permission from teh FOM, but they were only allowed to use radio messages that were two years or older, as to not gain advantage over other sponsors ;)

PhilEReid
    Participant

Genuinely not sure what to think of this, other than it’s definitely different… Which isn’t always a bad thing, it’s just not always a good thing either.

Common Monsoon
    Participant

Haaaaaaaa, what is this masterpiece?! I need to make this my ringtone or something. Or at least make it someone else’s ringtone without them knowing.

matt90
    Participant

I’m too astounded to say anything negative. The operatic chanting is just amazing. Are we sure this is a tribute? Cos I’m sure we could interpret it as an insult- if not an insult to Ferrari, then to its fans, all music, and humanity in general.

JPQuesado
    Participant

I’m not sure what I should say. It’s not really original, as it is not the first car-related sounds video that is produced, but all that… lets call it chanting… it just makes me feel weird. I feel… this starts off nicely with only car sounds, but as soon as the guy mixes team radio and starts mixing it all up, it’s a complete utter mess. Take away the images and the only part where you get this is about Ferrari is when then chant “Forza Ferrari”… I really don’t know if anyone at Maranello has seen this…

And here’s the man behind it:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.