F1

Hamilton & Stewards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    F1beemer
    Participant

It seems as if Lewis is picked up on every single move he makes, he seems to be penalised for things other drivers would not and if Lewis is taken out of a race by a bad driver move as he was today by Kobayashi Stewards take No Further Action.

Going on all Steward decisions, are the Stewards gunning for Lewis Hamilton? What are your thoughts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No. Lewis is an aggressive driver and has unusually found himself involved in a lot of incidents this year. What happened with Kobayashi was a racing incident in my opinion. Lewis didn’t know Kobayashi was there and they came together in a similar way to what happened with JB and Hamilton at Canada in some ways. I’m not sure Kobayashi having part of his end plate hanging off helped matters either.

GeeMac
    Participant

Just curious, how many reprimands can a driver get before they get slapped with a more serious penalty? From memory Perez and Hamilton have racked up the most infringements this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well Steph, if for one minute you believe that HAM would not have been penalized in the opposite situation then your fooling yourself. Check Monaco, HAM got two penalties for causing a collision, one of them where Massa purposely turned into him, for being further ahead than KOB were today. (Sidepod, whereas today was front wheel on rear wheel).

Definitely a bias going on with the Stewards can’t be denied anymore.

BTW Rosberg where overtaking of track in the start as well, unpenalized.

robbiepblake
    Participant

HAM got two penalties for causing a collision, one of them where Massa purposely turned into him

Now now, why are you jumping to conclusions about Massa’s intentions there?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps, but seeing on my recorder how, for the previous 5+ laps Massa was fully content with riding Convoy behind Weber, going high in the corner, and seeing that’s how he was starting out the turn the 6th time before suddenly deciding to go low, then I’m gonna stick with it :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

GeeMac I have no idea if there is a limit let alone what it might be. Sorry I can’t be more help!

I don’t believe Massa turned in on him he was just turning for the corner and avoiding the car (Webber iirc) infront at the hairpin. I always felt that the penalties were fair but stewarding in general has never been that consistent and I certainly don’t think Hamilton gets picked on.

James_mc
    Participant

I’d have to say, if Hamilton got penalised for his move on Massa at the hairpin, Kobayashi should have been penalised in a similar fashion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steph, as I was saying, at least 5 laps in a row Massa followed Weber around on the outside of that pin, you may only have seen the collision, but when you see them right after each other I can promise you its quite remarkable the way he suddenly goes for another line!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Massa went in too deep or Webber braked early I can’t really remember so Massa went a bit tighter to avoid him as Hamilton made a dive down the inside. I thought and still think it was a tough call for the stewards but I still don’t see why anyone is arguing Hamilton is getting unfair treatment from the stewards. That was one incident.

GeeMac
    Participant

No worries, I though the FIA had set a limit on the number or reprimands you could rack up in a season, but I must have been dreaming.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

GeeMac, im pretty sure it’s 3

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Bradley’s right. Sorry for my brain fail!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Yep, it is 3: http://www.patronisef1.com/index.php/f1-news/2011-news/may-2011/5479-f1-gets-3-strikes-reprimand-plan-report

If you read the whole article you will see that the 3 strike system only counted from Silverstone, thus only reprimands from Silverstone will count.

GeeMac
    Participant

Good work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.