F1

Has Jazeman obtained his F1 superlicense? Must he earn it again?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    himmatsj
    Participant

Malaysian media is going into overdrive, saying Jazeman Jaafar has got a seat with a Mercedes-engined team next year so long as he has coughs up RM63 million for the seat (around US$17m).

They are also saying he got his F1 superlicense last year in Portugal.

Now, my question is, if true, is that superlicense still valid? Doesn’t he have to hit 40 points to gain entry into F1 (which I must point out is not possible for him to do this year)?

Some clarification on this would be good. Malaysian media is pretty terrible, but this one is apparently coming out of the horses mouth itself (i.e. Jaafar is saying all this).

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If he doesn’t have enough points for an FIA Super Licence then I don’t see how he would be allowed to race in F1.

plutoniumhunter
    Participant

By my calculations, from 2012 he should have 28 points if he finishes 3rd this year in FR3.5 – not quite enough.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

There was something about 3 years for all current holders I think? Depends on the changes that were announced.

I wonder if that drive is with Force India?

himmatsj
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I’d like clarification on about. Paging in @keith

mark adams
    Participant

To Qualify for the exception you must drive a minnimun of f1 races so he has to get 40 points or get a drive in a f1 team right now

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@himmatsj Ah, the exception is 3 years retrospectively for those who have achieved 40 points in 2013 or 2014 – I don’t think Jazeman has gotten to 40 before? So he will need to get the points in FR 3.5 to get the licence for 2016 :).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.