F1

Has Nico Hulkenbergs pole position saved him for 2011?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    kinggp
    Participant

does anyone else agree that nico’s pole has saved his williams drive in 2011 possibly pushing barichello out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

His pole surely will bring him a lot of confidence for the last two races and maybe some sponsors.

If by a stroke of luck Hulkenberg ends up winning or in the podium then for sure Barrichelo is better off to start searching another team to race on.

Hairs
    Participant

I don’t see why Williams would want to get rid of either of them. Hulkenberg hasn’t been the great white hope we expected straight off the bat, but he hasn’t been awful, and he’s improved race after race. This is a result Williams really can’t have expected this year. Barrichello gives the team something they’ve been missing for years – good technical direction, car setup, and development.

TrueF1Grit

What a ridiculous suggestion!

They wouldn’t push Barrichello out over a single performance, which, to be fair Hulkenburg got a bit lucky with his so perfect timing, we all have to accept theres no way driver skill alone can pip those Red Bulls by 1.1 seconds…

Albeit, it has hepled his bid to stay with the team (Unless the decision is already made) But I doubt this result alone will overshadow Barrichellos technical advantage, as well as his out performing Hulkenburg for the majority of 2010.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

does anyone else agree that nico’s pole has saved his williams drive in 2011 possibly pushing barichello out?

No. One pole does not forgive a season of mistakes. It makes a case for Williams keeping him around, but it does not make up for poor starts and foolish attempts at non-existent passes.

David-A
    Participant

There shouldn’t have been so many doubts over the Hulk’s seat in the first place.

If anyone needs to be booted the hell out of their seat, it’s Petrov.

wasiF1
    Participant

May be but a podium place today will make life better for him.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Why, because he’s slower than Kubica? If you look through the other rookies, you’ll see that none of them are paired with a driver as highly-rated as the Pole. Or is it because he’s crashed in the last three events? In Japan, he didn’t actually do anything wrong – he just got a brilliant start while everyone else fumbled and he had nowhere to go. In Korea, he crashed because of the conditions and because he had virtually no tread left on his tyres. And on Friday he crashed because of a mechanical failure; the F-duct was jammed in the open position going into Ferradura, which is one of the most aero-dependent corners on the circuit (probably second only to Curva do Sol), and there was nothing he could do.

Todfod
    Participant

@PM. You wanted reasons.. how about this – Renault is the 4th to 5th fastest car on the grid. Which should mean that Petrov should be regularly fighting for points, however, he has scored points on only 4 occasions this year. Kobayashi, a rookie, who has been driving a much more sub standard car, has somehow managed to accumulate a points tall nearly double to that of Vitaly. Hulkenberg, who has also has a car inferior to the Renault has managed to come within a point of Vitaly’s points total, and looks like he should substantially increase that tally this weekend.

I agree that Petrov is the rookie with the quickest teammate, and Kubica’s qualifying record of 17-1 is excusable. But, its the margin by which he has been out qualified by his teammate is shocking. On an average he is close to 0.7-0.8s off Kubica’s pace.

I feel that a handful of quick starts and daring overtaking manouvres have clouded your judgement on how good Vitaly really is. I’m not saying that he is a terrible driver, but he definitely isn’t good enough to retain that Renault drive. I think he doesn’t deserve a team better that HRT or Virgin.

Icthyes
    Participant

Why, because he’s slower than Kubica?

Probably because he’s worse than Hulkenburg.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Probably because he’s worse than Hulkenburg.

Petrov has more points.

glue
    Participant

Petrov has a better car

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Maybe to begin with, but the R30 and FW32 are getting closer and closer together in terms of pace.

glue
    Participant

I haven’t seen Barrichello challenging Kubica lately..Hulkenberg’s outqualified Petrov 6 times in the last 8 races, and scored in 5 races compared to Petrov’s 3

don’t get me wrong, I like Petrov a lot and I think he should stay in F1, but Hulkenberg has been better

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Monkeys, I think you’re fighting a losing battle…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.