F1

Helmet Stats

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PT
    Participant

Lewis Hamilton is the first driver to clinch the title wearing a Bell helmet after Jenson Button in 2009. In Button’s case he shifted to Arai after clinching the title while Hamilton shifted from Arai before clinching the title.

Kimi Raikkonen is the last driver to have won a title wearing Schuberth helmet. The ten years from 2005 to 2015 have seen 8 titles for drivers wearing Arai helmets (2005 & 2006 – Fernando Alonso, 2008 – Lewis Hamilton, 2010-2013 – Sebastian Vettel, 2014 – Lewis Hamilton), 1 title for a Schuberth driver (2007 – Kimi Raikkonen), and 2 titles for Bell drivers (2009 – Jenson Button and 2015 – Lewis Hamilton).

Now I’m not sure of this – need to find out – but is Lewis Hamilton the first driver to win the F1 title with an American helmet brand on American soil? It sure is a great marketing opportunity for Bell!

sonia luff
    Participant

Lewis Hamilton wore Arai helmets in 2012 cos I won one of his actual race helmets in a Mclaren competition.

PT
    Participant

Absolutely! You’re right…He only changed to Bell in 2015.

PT
    Participant

Cool to get an F1 helmet…

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Plus, Nasr uses Stilo? So, we have the same amount of helmet manufacturers as we do engines..

PorscheF1
    Participant

All I ever won was a cap of Mitch Evans back when he was in GP3, oh and a golden Porsche miniature. Then I again I do have all nine Porsche LMP1 drivers their signature on one shot of the car.

dubsix
    Participant

I was always under the impression that Bell Racing Europe that makes F1 helmets (and other auto racing helmets) was a separate European owned company that only ‘used’ the Bell name under license?

PT
    Participant

@Luke

Don’t know about that – doesn’t reveal much in the site.

I’ve always loved Arai helmets thanks to the shape of their visor and the positioning of the air inlets. Also, usually when drivers where an Arai and they open their visor, the shape of the part of their face that is exposed is just perfect – the eyes and three-fourths of the nose. Though this varies based on the shape of the face, with Arai helmets it usually this way. Schuberth helmet’s visor opening usually reveals the whole of the nose which I don’t quite like (helmets of Fernando Alonso, Jules Bianchi and Nico Hulkenberg are exceptions).

PT
    Participant

Just checked it @Luke, you’re right.

PT
    Participant

@Iestyn Davies Yup, Nasr uses Stilo helmet – the first driver in F1 to use Stilo I guess…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.