F1

How does this video show Webber had tuned down his engine?

This topic contains 50 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  mnmracer 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

@mnmracer
    That’s not a tag!

Horner didn’t say anything regarding Mark being told to turn the engine down, but that doesn’t automatically mean that he said

Mark Webber was not on ‘reduced engine power’.

The comments there are, so to speak, more biased than the ones on F1F, though there is a difference between being biased and being dead wrong. I think people often group the two as one and the sane, but they’re not.

mnmracer
    Participant

Did you read the article or did you also watch the video?

Funkyf1
    Participant

Whoever came out of the pits first on the last stop was suppose to win the race. That didn’t happen and nothings gonna happen about it from a team perspective. It will only hurt RBR to act on it.

mnmracer
    Participant

No one is challenging that.
    But people are/were acting like ‘poor little Webber didn’t have a chance’, while that is simply untrue. He just didn’t get the gift the team wanted to give to him.

fangio85
    Participant

@mnmracer, exactly. I actually said I’m not doubting they had an agreement, simply that webber wasn’t the victim of a surprise attack, as some keep saying. Team orders this early in the season make no sense, especially when you are trying to gift your number two driver a win, at the expense of your defending triple world champ.

Funkyf1
    Participant

Have you thought about the facts here? If an agreement was made before the race that whoever was leading after the last pitstop was to take the win, Mark drove well to get himself in that position! In doing that he exhausted his fuel tank and ended up in compromised position.
    But in was in his belief that if he got there his team and teammate would support him. If he wasn’t so close to Seb as he came out of the pits, the result may have been different

Njack
    Participant

Team orders this early in the season make no sense, especially when you are trying to gift your number two driver a win, at the expense of your defending triple world champ.

It was not just team orders though. It was an agreement between both drivers prior to the race that whoever led at the final pit stop would have the race win.

A pity, as had the agreement not been in place Webber would have had priority on the final pit stop, leaving Vettel 4.7-6.1 seconds behind based on the last two pit stops and having to chase with the 0.6s/lap tyre advantage over the closing laps, giving the fans a potential repeat of Canada 2011.

In doing that he exhausted his fuel tank and ended up in compromised position.

He had not exhausted his fuel supply, he was on a slightly leaner fuel mix compared to Vettel.

Horner – “Mark’s had been slightly higher than Sebastian’s so he was in a slightly more fuel saving mode than Sebastian”.

Hi Guys

First post here but here is my two penny’s worth over the Seb vs Mark debarkle, its my opinion the the team (RB) wanted Seb to win why put grippy medium tyres on if you just want to get to the end of the race, and get Mark to effectively slow down, and just listen to the way Christian say This is getting silly, he doesn’t use the usual code or say “don’t go past Mark” almost as if Christian expected Seb to fly past Mark and when it turned into a dog fight he changed his mind and the term “This is getting silly” to me meant forget what we planned and just bring it home. It was the most peculiar team order I have ever heard,, compare this to Ross Braun’s
    “DO NOT GO PAST” Type instruction, clear and precise and not to be disobeyed instruction

Will H

David-A
    Participant

@pomman444

The team (RB) wanted Seb to win why put grippy medium tyres on if you just want to get to the end of the race

Vettel had an extra set of medium tyres from qualifying because he did his Q1 and Q2 on the same set.

I am not a fan of either of them to be honest but seems to me if Mark cant except he is the number 2 driver for the rest of his career he should find another teem moaning or sulking at (RB) is going to get him nowhear, even if it is justified no one there cares unfortunately Mark, but one thing I have to smile at a comment from Mark last year after he had ignored team orders to overtake Seb, think it was Silverstone he said “I am sure if seb was in the same situation he would do the same” well Mark it has happened get used to it.

Will H

mnmracer
    Participant

It was a teamorder, nothing more, nothing less. This whole thing about a pre-race agreement is just rubbish started by fanboys on the internet. I have yet to hear someone who would know about it.

Jon Sandor
    Participant

In the end… just listen to both engines…

Now that’s scientific!

In the end, just look at lap times. Mr “I’m in Fuel Saving Mode” cut his fastest lap of the entire race while supposedly in “fuel saving mode”. Perhaps if Webber ran the entirety of every race in this (fictitious and non-existent) “fuel saving mode” in the future he might finish as runner up to Vettel a little more often instead of fourth or fifth.

Force Maikel
    Participant

@pomman444 The reason why mark wasn’t on the medium compound for the last stint is because after he used the mediums he told his race engineer he liked the hards better. Thus explaining why they put him on the hard for the last two stints. (Intermediate-Hard-Medium-Hard-Hard).
    Proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4-RH7eBr0

He tells his engineer at 0:47
    Option = Medium
    Prime = Hard

I never mentioned Marks tyre choice I just have the feeling they put medium on Seb so he could catch up and have the advantage, its all speculation,, just a feeling I had, not to be taken to seriously, best way to view F1 these days,
    Will H

magon4
    Participant

It was so simple, why all the conspiracy theories?
    Vettel was faster than Webber, Webber did not reduce his engine performance (he was being attacked by Vettel since his pit stop, he wouldn’t even have time to do so), it was a clear and beautiful pass that the team didn’t want because it was too risky.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.