F1

How much TV?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How many hours of motorsport have you watched on TV this weekend?

Well over 10 for me – 4 and a half hours of Grand Prix, plus qualifying and a bit of practice; bikes in the wet – good fun – and several hours of Le Mans.

All good stuff, must have been through every emotion on offer. Great effort from the race commentators on Eurosport and BBC, kept us entertained even when there wasn’t much going on.

KaIIe
    Participant

Let’s see… F1 = 2×1½ hours + 1 hour of practice, 2 hours of quali, 1½ hours of race buildup, 4 hours of race. Had to sleep a bit during the night, so just some 18 hours of Le Mans. In total, some 30 hours of racing in roughly 48 hours. Not bad!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Four and a half. I picked up the Canadian Grand Prix in the middle of the stupid pre-race show (why they can’t give us the BBC feed with gridwalk is beyond me; all we get is this stupid “analysis” by people who manage to construct everything in Webber’s favour), and then I watched it until the end of the race.

DavidS
    Participant

Probably about 6.5

Qualifying for F1 – 1 hour

First hour of Le Mans – 1 hour

Final hour of Le Mans – 1 hour

Buildup, start and first part of Canadian GP – 2 hours

Only some of the time under red flag and finish of race – 1.5 hours.

SouthAussie94
    Participant

Alot!

4 hours for the F1 race + 1 hour pre-show

1 hour of F1 Qualy

30 mins of the MotoGP

30 mins of the Moto2

12ish hours of Le Mans

Pretty good weekend I must say..

f1alex
    Participant

I watched:

F1 FP1,2,3

F1 Quali

Motogp, 125cc, Moto2 Quali

Motogp, 125cc, Moto2 Races

F1 Race (including the tedious red flag bit).

Don’t know how much that is in time, and frankly I don’t really care, ’cause I can’t think of a better way to spend my weekend!

(Apart from actually going to a race!)

Macca
    Participant

I watched:

F1 – Free Practice 1

F1 – Free Practice 2

F1 – Free Practice 3

F1 – Qualifying (Including BBC buildup)

F1 – Race (Including BBC buildup and red flag period)

MotoGP – Qualifying

MotoGP – Race

Moto2

Moto125

World Super Bike – Qualifying

World Super Bike – Race

SpeedwayGP – Race

IndyCar – Race 1

IndyCar – Race 2

NASCAR Sprint Cup – Qualifying

NASCAR Sprint Cup – Race (Including TNT buildup)

Le Mans 24 Hours – About 12 hours including the start and the finish.

Not sure how much that was but it was a marathon….and I loved every minute of it.

S.J.M
    Participant

emm…

Le Man 24hrs – Watch around 18hrs

F1 FP2 – 1.5hrs

F1 Qualy in build up

F1 Race – 4hrs (had the live pause it on lap 15 and caught up 15mins into the redflag)

Not as much as some but by far and away the best ‘Racing Weekend’ this year.

wasiF1
    Participant

F1 quali-1 hour

F1 race- 4 hours

If build up to the race is counted then add another one hour.

Moto GP 1 hour.

No feed for Lemans.

Asanator
    Participant

F1:

FP1, FP2, FP3, Qualifying @ full race coverage (Including pre session buildups)

125cc, Moto2, and MotoGP:

Full qualy and race sessions + 3rd Practice for MotoGP

Le-mans – 3Hrs

sw6569
    Participant

22 hours of Le Mans live (no tv eh!)

the moto gp race, the british superbikes race and the F1.

AWESOME WEEKEND

BasCB
    Participant

A lot! Lets see, it was FP1-FP3 that was ehm, 4 hours. Then LeMans training about 30 minutes (the running at night!). Part of LeMans qualifying, another 30 minutes.

LeMans race – about 14 hours with in between the watching F1 qualifying 2 hours. Then the race was 5 h and buildup another 1 hour.

Totalling 27 hours. Not bad.

W-K
    Participant

Probably the same as KaIIe.

Must say I don’t like the Eurosport Le Mans coverage very much, to many interviews and internal shots of garages and the crews. I want to see fast and very loud cars, not unknowns scratching beards. So listened on-line to Radio Le-mans instead. I mean to say where else can you get lines like “Oh, here’s the candy lady, I’m so excited”

Macca
    Participant

I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage we got to enjoy in Australia. We had a choice between the Eurosport feed on 1 channel and the Speed TV (American) feed on another channel. Motorsport is finally getting the coverage it deserves in this country.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think myself, TommyB, Dan_Thorn, Ned Flanders, PeachyF1 and RatBoy watched/played near enough 3 solid days of motorsport related goodness, including the Canadian Grand Prix FP1,2,3, qualifying, pre-race show, race (including 2 hours of seagull and red-tipped-blackbird footage), the British Moto GP, several hours of Le Mans (Real) and one and a half hours of 24 Laps du Mans (on the PlayStation 3), a season’s worth of 5-lap races on both F1 and F1 ’97 on the PlayStation, a fair amount of Crash Team Racing, Classic Grand Prix on the red button, copious amounts of motorsport on YouTube, Forza Motorsport 3 and Trials HD well into the night on the Xbox 360, and to top it off, some Police Camera Action and the Isle of Mann TT on ITV4 on Monday morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.