F1

How to Actually Make Races Less Predictable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MotoGP saw a lot of unpredictability this year, due in no small part, it seems, to the tyres being a bit of an unknown.

So if F1 has multiple tyre suppliers, perhaps no tyre testing, and then the suppliers are randomly picked (using a draw like what is done ahead of the Champions League) for each set of (insert number of tyre suppliers) races, then that might work.

Michelin wouldn’t be intersested. Pirelli or Bridgestone probably not. GT Radial, Hankook, Achilles, Aeolus, LingLong and their lot might be though :P

Wouldn’t be an improvement to DRS, but at least would be the same for everyone.

Of course, F1 being F1, if they ever do this (I don’t think that’d be a really good thing) they’re not going to drop DRS. It’s like where I come from – if the price of petrol goes down, vegetables and meat won’t really follow suit.

glynh
    Participant

I think there’s plenty of ways to make formula 1 more unpredictable (tyres, manual starts, elimination qualifying all made a difference) but whatever you do, short of making it completely artificial, teams will work it out after a few races.

Although as I often say – if F1 really was as predictable as everyone says we’d all be winning the predictions championship. :)

This one would take a season or two – provided enough tyre brands participate anyway, if MotoGP is anything to be believed.

Also I didn’t mean that F1 is predictable. (started this whole thread a tad sarcastically, really – or at least that’s my idea)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.