F1

Impressions from India qualifying interview

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

What did you guys think of the interview? Webber looked so dejected to the point that that it really reminded me of Silverstone 2010. I wish someone would have served a few glasses of water to them before the interview:-)

I have the impression that Webber felt that Red Bull put him behind McLaren on purpose so he wouldn’t get a 2nd lap and lose pole.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Webber always looks bored to tears during those interviews, and today was no exception. I didn’t get the impression that you did at all.

crr917
    Participant

I think Webber left pits ahead of Hamilton and made a mistake on his fast lap. Am I wrong?

Michael
    Participant

There was a Red Bull leaving the pits behind McLaren – Webber complained about the slow pace of the McLaren in the outlap to warm up the tires and that’s why he wasn’t able to do a 2nd lap so I’m pretty sure it was him.

Both Webber’s and Hamilton’s body language spoke volumes – at one point, Vettel said “Pole position is the best spot and I’m sure both of them would want to have pole”. No one even responded or looked Vettel’s way ;) They both must have heard him but chose to ignore him completely. Webber even started his comments by referencing Vettel’s statements so he must have been paying attention…

I love these interviews!

crr917
    Participant

That’s an old joke. Besides getting beaten by so little is always irritating. And I don’t remember Webber being happy when he is second to Vettel. Ever. :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.