F1

Is F1 shown in Bali, Indonesia?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dragoll
    Participant

I am on holiday in Bali, lucky me. However being a die hard F1 fan with a very understanding wife, I don’t want to miss this weekends gp. Our a com has about 50 odd channels but want to know if the F1 is shown here in Indonesia and if so, which station?

Cheers,
    Dragoll

Funkyf1
    Participant

Dragoll, believe it or not you will get coverage of the F1 on the weekend on one of the two sports channels (presuming you have the same set up as me). The only downfall I have encountered is no commentary, the entire channel seems to only have a mono feed, you car hear the cars but nothing else until the end where you can hear the press conference. It will be broadcast live so just flick through your channels when it’s on and you’ll find it :)

raymondu999
    Participant

@dragoll Local tv has stopped broadcasting F1. Generally ESPN or Star Sports has F1 coverage, though not ad-free.

@Funkyf1 you stay in Indonesia? What channel are you talking about?

Funkyf1
    Participant

Yes I’m in Indo ATM and you are correct Star Sports it is.

raymondu999
    Participant

Mind you I’m not a fan of any of the commentators. Gary Paffett and Mark Gallagher are the least-bad of the bunch.

If you guys are in Bali for fun – have fun! If you’re there for R&R… I recommend the Ayana.

M Wahab S
    Participant

Since 2012 season there’s no local TV in Indonesia have a GP F1 live.They must pay USD 12 Millionfor 1 whole F1 season and it’s too much expensive for them, very difficult to grab the sponsor, but you can watch F1 live thru Start Sport in many Indonesia pay TV.

Funkyf1
    Participant

I just saw an add on Star that said qualifying was on at 7 local time. Regarding the commentators raymondu999 I can’t hear them on my broadcast, so no probs there. I do like the Ayana, but as this trip is R&R having the privacy of my own villa is a must :)

Eyen Paune
    Participant

In Star Sports, qualy on Saturday will be 7pm Indonesia time. On Sunday, they also air a pre-race show (Race Day) at around 6pm, race at 7pm and the post-show (Chequered Flag) right after the race. I’m in the Philippines and have the same coverage. Race commentators are usually Steve Slater and Mark Gallagher.

raymondu999
    Participant

I could sort of hear it until Canada, then for some reason since the last race the audio changed and it went to hell. I can still hear them over the cars, but very muffled.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.