F1

Is Vettel-Webber the new Schumacher-Barrichello?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jonnyw360f1
    Participant

*self-advertisement starts here*

As many of you know, I write a blog called ThatF1Blog, and after the Monaco Grand Prix I decided to crunch some numbers to see whether the current Red Bull partnership shares any similarities with the early Noughties’ Ferrari pairing of Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello. For the article, follow the link:

http://thatf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/05/is-vettel-webber-new-schumacher.html

As you can see, the conclusion is actually quite surprising – at least it was for me! What do you think? Leave your comments either here or in the comments section at ThatF1Blog. Thanks guys!

*self-advertisement ends here*

And thanks to Keith who lets me advertise my own site here, I know it will never be as successful as your fantastic Formula One blog, keep up the good work!

Neusalz
    Participant

Its a nice article. I have compared those two events myself and I think that the reason Vettel dominates Webber is because the car is suited to Vettel’s driving style. The Pirelli tires are also a factor but I guess if the car was built under Webber’s requests he would not struggle as much. Just my 2 cents.

Nic Morley
    Participant

I think Webber is better then Barrichello, and Vettel isn’t as good as Shumi. So there a bit more closer. I still don’t understand why Webber is .4 off Vettel in qualifying; when last year you couldn’t splt the two. I think Webber need’s to get better with the Pireli’s and also I’m sure the car is bult around Vettel.

Also I can’t see Webber wanting to move over for Vettel like Barrichello did for Shumacher. Webber seem’s to speak up a bit more as we know..

DavidS
    Participant

Webber’s qualifying and his starts have been his weakness this season. His race pace has been good, as shown by his numerous climbs up the grid during the races, and setting the fastest lap of the Monaco GP when everybody was on new super-softs after the red flag. Hopefully he will be able to challenge for wins this season.

Also, probably the reason why no-one has compared Vettel-Webber to Schumacher-Barrichello, is that the closest comparison between now and then is Alonso-Massa.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The strange thing is Webber last year coped really well with Vettel, something Barrichello never did.

I think currently Alonso-Massa are the new Schumacher-Barrichello, as Webber doesn’t like being driver number two and wouldn’t remain in that situation as long as Rubens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The strange thing is Webber last year coped really well with Vettel, something Barrichello never did.

I think currently Alonso-Massa are the new Schumacher-Barrichello, as Webber doesn’t like being driver number two and wouldn’t remain in that situation as long as Rubens.

Doance
    Participant

Webber has had bad luck this year. Australia was his worst race but that was because he made an extra pit stop than everyone else. So not adapting to the tyres. Other races, he couldnt do much more after had bad starts. Spain (and Monaco) he was stuck behind a slower car on a track that is impossible to overtake on. Monaco his team wasn’t ready for his stop. So one thing he can improve is his starts, thats it really. We know hes quick enough because he has set the most fastest laps. And Vettels engine blowing up wont hurt either.

Damon
    Participant

Not by any means!

Schumacher was already a 2-time champion and regarded as one of the best in history when Barrichello joined him in Ferrari.

Vettel-Webber is very much like Hakkinen-Coulthard. A the beginning of a season they both aspired for winning races as equals, but at the end of the year it was Hakkinen with the WDC two years in a row. Coulthard would get some Poles and win a couple of races, but that was it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.