F1

Kubica vs Hamilton vs Rosberg in 2004

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kingshark
    Participant

When Ritvik Vinodkumar started the topic: “Hamilton vs Vettel in 2005”. I thought I’d put this video of a fight between Kubica, Hamilton and Rosberg in 2004, when they drove in Formula 3 Euroseries:

http://vbox7.com/play:6108c8b4

At this time, Hamilton and Kubica were 19, Rosberg was 18. Good wheel to wheel action.

Final Season Standings that year:

4) Rosberg – 70 points
    5) Hamilton – 68 points
    7) Kubica – 53 points

raymondu999
    Participant

Fantastic stuff. I didn’t realize Rosberg was younger than Lewis – I always thought he was older.

George
    Participant

Hope Bob is back next year, I miss that crazy guy :(. I see Rosberg still has the habit of locking his fronts on overtakes even back then.

Kingshark
    Participant

Fantastic stuff. I didn’t realize Rosberg was younger than Lewis – I always thought he was older.

Nope, Hamilton was born on 7 January 1985, Rosberg was born on 27 June of the same year. Because this race took place early in the season (March) therefore Rosberg was only 18 while Lewis was 19.

raymondu999
    Participant

Just watched the thing fully. Hanging the car on the outside of Turn 5 to regain it under braking for Turn 6 – classic Lewis.

I thought he would’ve cut Kubica off at the apex; by slowing down and so denying Kubica the cutback, and I thought he had lost it after Kubica had the cut back and had a lot better traction, but somehow… he did it. Banged wheels to get it in; but he did it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.