F1

Lauda lays into ‘stupid’ Ferrari

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wasiF1
    Participant

This is what Lauda have to say about the incident in the German GP.

http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2010/07/26/lauda-lays-into-ferrari/comment-page-2/#comment-30611

‘Alonso has no character’

I agree with you Lauda

Steph90

Alonso didn’t do much that race. He was hardly going to pull over.

Ferrari were short sighted. Momentum comes and goes and Massa (unlike) could still have had a crack at the title. I don’t think they were stupid though. I think if anything they were clever and calculated rather than sentimental. I’m not saying they were right.

BasCB
    Participant

On JA’s blog i read, that Ferrari might have actually had an agreement about a letting the faster guy pass withing certain agreed parameters (possibly agreed upon after Alonso had been stuck behind Massa several races). It says, that’s why Smedley pushed Massa to keep it to over 3 seconds. Not defending Ferrari, but it does make the move less cynical.

AND it actually gives Massa a very good reason to be faster all weekend in Hungary and show he’s worthy of a go at the title for now by taking his earned win, instead of making a clear cut 2nd driver of him.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

What exactly was Alonso going to do? Say nah, I’m happy with second? Any other driver in any other team would act in a similar way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.