F1

Mark Webber on Top Gear, 4/8/13

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

So how will Webber fare as the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car?

The lap record in the Suzuka Liana is currently Hamilton’s 1’42.9. Vettel is second on a 1’44.0.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What a surprise, he beat Vettel… By 9 tenths.

I guess that insurmountable amount of talent just vaporizes when he gets in an F1 car. LOL.

Sheila
    Participant

Well, at least Mark can say that he’s faster than Vettel in the Liana xD, who I’m sure thati s already calling the BBC to have another chance.

JackySteeg
    Participant

Did anyone else notice Mitch Evans making a little cameo in the audience behind Clarkson during Webber’s interview?

Just had a chance to watch it (was watching the IndyCar while it was on). Interesting to note Webber mentioned there had been some new tarmac laid at one corner which increased the available grip. I wonder if that was laid before or after Hamilton, Vettel and the others did their laps?

Fer no.65
    Participant

Well, I remember back when Damon, Webber and Mansell did their laps, the inside of Gambon used to be just a hole in the ground and the cars would catch some air. Nowadays, they got concrete on it, so the line surely is a lot quicker.

Stretch
    Participant

Mark has multiple instances of “Kini” on his shirt – coincidence I hope so (for Ricciardo’s sake)!

http://youtu.be/EaFYXXUfiAU?t=35s

Did anyone else notice Mitch Evans making a little cameo in the audience behind Clarkson during Webber’s interview?

Yep, he also got a photo with The Stig https://twitter.com/mitchevans_/status/362566023968325635/photo/1

katederby
    Participant

Mark has multiple instances of “Kini” on his shirt – coincidence I hope so (for Ricciardo’s sake)!

Why’s that?

Good fun segment, enjoyed that banter.
    And the “new tarmac”? It just sounded like Webber’s retort to Clarkson’s dig at him taking such a wide line.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep- a good funny interview, as the Top Gear lads are best at!!

If Mark were cheeky enough he would have replied “Of course I was faster than Seb, its the first time I got equal machinery!!” (But he wouldn’t throw that insult at his team).

I think he showed the real Mark Webber away from the track, a lot like the legend Ayrton Senna would- both are intense and sometimes frustrated at the track (and fair play from some of Mark’s luck over the years) but get them away and they are/were just top blokes. Most F1 guys would be the same when not under the mega pressure of F1.

He could has said a few nice words on Seb to show he was having a “bit” of a laugh LOL…. :)……………………or not, either way !!

Fer no.65
    Participant

@Garns you could also say the same about Vettel. Like it or not on track, outside of it he’s just terrific.

IMO his interview at Top Gear was by far and away the best one out of all the F1 drivers

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Fer no.65 – Fer, Yes I did see the Seb Top Gear and he was also very funny- please dont see this as an anti Seb thing- not so!!

I just thought to see the guys away from the track you see the better “man” and not driver. Mark showed that. Seb is the same- as you say, a funny guy!!

I have been “lucky” enough to see the guys up close in the past 2 years and personal (AKA- Paddock and cost me HEAPS- but I love F1). MOST drivers are good , some ok, and others GREAT (Pedro De La Rosa is an gent (top handshake) and Massa awesome!!

My point being is that the F1 guys we see ARE NOT the real guys they are (SO much PR)- I am sure as a Mark W fan I could still have a beer with Seb :)

davey
    Participant

Looks like FOM now own Mark Webbers’ face and Top Gear ^^^

robk23
    Participant

I think that may be due to some of the footage in that interview being owned by FOM.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

@garns

I don’t think I’ll ever meet an f1 driver. Could you give me your top 5?

the_sigman
    Participant

@robk23 Right, the Valencia 2010 crash

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.