F1

Mclaren Competitions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lamo2802
    Participant

Hi Everyone……

I know this has been mentioned on the Mclaren members forum but thought I would see if anyone knew if the other F1 teams did similar:

Mclaren charge 55 for yearly membership (which I dont mind as a die hard Mclaren Fan) However they then do competitions fo us members with some great prizes but they then expect you to pay another 55-95 if you win fo the prize!

Surly other F1 teams members dont have this problem?

Katy
    Participant

Not sure about other teams but the Red Bull community is free to join and they run competitions all the time, we’ve won victory posters and autograph cards before. They run competitions for some amazing things like goes in the simulators and things.

TommyB
    Participant

Yeah, They run a competition to win autographs after every Gp. Shame from Mclaren, that’s poor form.

Dougie
    Participant

Lets not forget for the £55 membership you get a exclusive t-shirt and cap (a t-shirt and cap in the shop is £55)… on top of that you get a snazzy membership card and a pair of photos… okay, the card and photos are a so what… but then you also get a £30 voucher for the e-shop and 15% off anything you buy during your years membership.

Sounds like great value to me… though to pay for a prize seems a bit wrong.

lamo2802
    Participant

@F1Droid …..its not the membership fee I think is wrong…..it the fact that Mclaren run thee competitions then charge us for the prize if you ‘win’!

TommyB
    Participant

What prize did you win and what are they charging you?

Dougie
    Participant

Did you win a visit to the MTC, is it the travel costs that you are talking about?

lamo2802
    Participant

I ‘won’ the MTC tour from last month and had to pay an additional £55 to Mclaren…….. and this month they are doing another comp that invites you to celebrate with them at the MTC. However it says that you will need to pay £95 if you win!

This is on top of any travel and accom…

Dougie
    Participant

Do they say what the money is for?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.