F1

Michael Schumacher injured in skiing accident

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Steph
    Participant

Michael Schumacher has reportedly suffered a “serious head injury” while skiing in France.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1188157/michael-schumacher-hurt-in-skiing-accident

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Aparrently he is awake and his condition is not worrying the doctors.

Colossal Squid
    Participant

I hope it’s false, and if it isn’t false, I hope he’ll make a full recovery. Michael Schumacher was my childhood hero, and I don’t want to see the man leave us for a long, long time.

Journeyer
    Participant

@colossal-squid Amen to that. And amen again.

BBC and Sky are reporting it, so the incident must be legit. What we don’t know at this point is how serious the injuries are, if at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope what Lucas says is true and the Champ is in the clear, he has the battle of Sir Stirling Moss!!

I am sure, and hopeful, Micheal will come through fine and get back to racing cars, not skiing!!!

Journeyer
    Participant

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/info/557779/pas-tres-grave-schumacher/

Full statement from resort is there (and the translation has been reported on BBC too). Let’s hope the news stays positive.

Colossal Squid
    Participant

@Journeyer That sounds very promising. I hope the news continues to be as good from here on out. Thank you for the link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hearing reports that his condition may have deteriorated and that a statement should be written in the next hour from the hospital.

I’m hoping these reports are false.

Ed Marques
    Participant

French sources are saying that he has cerebral hemorrhage and that his condtion is critical.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Noooooo!

Hang on in there Shumi!

andae23
    Participant

After the initial shockwave in the media I had hoped it turned out to be less severe than initially thought, but reports don’t sound good..

Ed Marques
    Participant

It is official. He is in a coma and his condition is critic.

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 2 min
    German agency SID quoting Schumacher’s management saying he’s “critical” and “fighting for his life”

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I believe the coma is medically-induced, which is commonly done to help stabilise patients in cases like these. Look at Richard Hammond, who went through something similar following his dragster accident. The most important thing is immediate medical attention, with surgery to relieve the pressure on the brain whilst doctors find the source of the bleed. Patients often go into these operations in a serious condition and come out critical because doctors need to be sure they have stopped the bleeding – if they miss even the tiniest of bleeds, it can kill quickly.

Neel Jani
    Participant

Going to sleep. Just praying that I don’t wake up to the worse news.

Alec

So sad. Seems sick that he survived such a long racing career with just broken legs, now this. GWS Schumi.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.