F1

Midland makes an appearance in Suits

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    matt90
    Participant

Midland’s one and only car is the centre piece of a car show on the latest episode to air in the UK. One of the characters then talks about the engine and the great success of that engine manufacturer in F1. You know you’re an F1 geek when you see that and it makes you laugh.

matt90
    Participant

Couldn’t find a clip, only this:
    http://www.imcdb.org/i420814.jpg

Great spot @matt90

robinrhysjones
    Participant

McKernon Motors! What a name!

matt90
    Participant

The statement about the success of the engine is particularly funny seeing it was a Toyota unit rather than the fictional ‘McKernan Motors’ and that it spectacularly powered the car to the worst results in a season that the team has ever achieved under any guise- although not particularly the engine’s fault, admittedly.

Still, if they’re going to trivialise a team then it might as well be just about the most already trivial team from the last 10 years.

Also interesting, they spoke accurately about the engine allowance. Not sure what cars they had in the workshop though, they were a bit distant.

robk23
    Participant

I saw that very briefly during an advert on Dave, I just assumed it was an IndyCar. Interesting to see that it’s an F1 car!

matt90
    Participant

Haha, was just reading about Midland, and wikipedia mention its appearance in Suits and cites this thread as the reference.

Nick
    Participant

I’m on my mobile right now, but it looks more like the last Jordan than the only Midland to me. Just a hunch, or am I thinking about the Spyker instead of the Midland?

Edit: scratch that, it is the Midland. picture

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

wikipedia mention its appearance in Suits and cites this thread as the reference

Not anymore. Forum threads are not considered reliable sources on Wikipedia.

I once saw that an anonymous editor had included details of Hyundai’s plans to enter Formula 1 as an engine supplier in 2014 to the 2014 season page – and the reference given was a thread I had created here speculating on the possibility of it.

Victor.
    Participant

Wasn’t a great episode

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.