F1

Funny F1 commentators

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  raymondu999 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

DamionShadows
    Participant

“I’m going to be doing some TV commentating myself soon in the near future (details later!)”

@keithcollantine Ooooo, they call that a tease in TV!

@f1yankee You’re right, you can’t leave David Hobbs out! I can’t remember anything specific, but he has had some good ones over the years.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@damionshadows Doing my homework at the moment. Watching a lot of Formula Three!

F1Yankee
    Participant

let’s not forget this gem

duncanmonza
    Participant

It’s not F1, but still reasonably amusing.

Girts
    Participant

A bit worrying considering I’m going to be doing some TV commentating myself soon in the near future (details later!)

@keithcollantine Really looking forward to it. I hope it will be at least partly available on Motors TV, YouTube or another legal web resource. And don’t worry at all, this is what I recently read in the booklet of my currently favourite CD:

Not only can you not please everyone all the time, you can’t please anyone, ever.

Lin1876
    Participant

I’m sorry, but you can’t talk about funny commentary without going to Japan. Most of the video below is Formula Nippon, but there’s a memorable F1 incident at the end. The best ones are where the other commentator is the picture of calm, while the other reacts as if he has to pay the repair bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k0TGQQptFs

On a more serious note, I think commentary is a difficult art. You need to be entertaining, serious, knowledgeable, right, not boring and you need to be able to spot everything. Even then you probably won’t have the magic touch of the greats.

F1Yankee
    Participant

I really don’t see why some people have it in for Legard. I genuinely don’t have a clue what you’re objecting to in that clip.

i always felt like he was relentlessly machine-gunning me down with his gibberish. he’s too loud and fast for english, and particularly when it didn’t correspond with drama on the screen. at least he never made a princess grace joke on air.

infernojim
    Participant

Legards first ever words at the start of his first race – “welcome to formula lun!”

Enough said.

sato113
    Participant

legard messing up!

raymondu999
    Participant

@keithcollantine interesting that you’re watching F3 instead of F1 to prepare. Is that a small hint you have let slip? :P

Joao Pitol

never know too much about it

Joao Pitol

iphoneaccessories you can always find yourshttp://www.myefox.com/apple-accessories-iphone4-4s-c-1809_1810?utm_source=f1fanatic&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=zhang

raymondu999
    Participant

@keithcollantine I spy, with my little eye, a possible bot in Joao “@ zhangenjie” Pitol

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.