F1

Narain and Karun test in the Force India simulator?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    desinole
    Participant

So now we have a statement from Mallya himself, that both Narain and Karun tested in the FIF1 simulator

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/force-india-tests-karun-narain-simulator-375

Since Mallya has not really been a fan of either driver, I’m wondering if he wants to use one or both of them, specifically for the Indian GP.

Knowing that the “Indian” team has two Indian drivers for the Delhi GP would be great for the crowds and sponsors.

The only other option being that Liuzzi get’s dropped, but even then, I see Paul or Quick Nick replacing him…

Thoughts?

plushpile
    Participant

If they drop Liuzzi they’ll likely use DiResta, Sutil is staying so there’ll probably not be a seat there.

If Force India don’t mind achieving absolutely nothing next year, by all means they should sign up Karthikeyan and Chandhok.

Todfod
    Participant

Karthikeyan doesn’t deserve to be close to any racing car… and definitely should not be allowed to even look in the direction of an F1 car. As an Indian, it was an embarrassment to look at that guy race. He had no speed, no skill, no personality, and no motivation to finish higher than last. Chandhok, on the other hand, should at least get to test with the team and show his mettle in something other than an HRT.

Red Andy
    Participant

If Force India don’t mind achieving absolutely nothing next year, by all means they should sign up Karthikeyan and Chandhok.

Or just keep their present lineup….

RIISE

Yeah exactly, by keeping Sutil they’re showing they don’t mind achieving nothing.

wasiF1
    Participant

Karun may be good driver but I don’t think that he have gained enough knowledge in F1 to improve Force India 7 be a team’s driver.Sutil should stay & Di Resta who has been with the team for a long time & he is doing good in DTM. Karun can be their third driver & can learn a lot of thing & then they can think about him in 2012.

US_Peter
    Participant

That could be a good option actually to have DiResta and Sutil racing, with Chandhok as reserve driver, getting to drive in FP1 like DiResta did this year. In particular having Chandhok in a Force India even for just a practice session at the first Indian GP would be big. I wouldn’t rule him out of a race seat just yet. With Bernie’s support and the first Indian GP on the calendar, he may well get another shot in F1.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.