F1

Network 10 and Australian Broadcast Rights for F1 Fans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dragoll
    Participant

When the 2012 Bahrain Race was shown on standard definition in Australia, I thought it was because of the possibility they wouldn’t actually race there. However, since then, the Spanish GP and now this weekends Monaco GP are going to be shown on the standard definition channel of Channel 10. Their other channel ONE HD which is supposed to be a live sports channel in Australia, will instead show a local Netball Championship game instead.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that Channel 10 will show the race, but I’m sure its going to be tight scheduling, as their hit tv show, Master Chef will no doubt run over time and squeeze more out of the already skinny 20min F1 pre-race show…

Having watched F1 in Australia for over 25 years, I’ve seen some very ordinary attempts of broadcasting F1 races. I’ll never forget the attempt at showing 2 holes of golf, then alternating with 5 laps of the race, and the continued to-ing and fro-ing for the remainder of the race in the 80s. I’ve also seen Channel 9 completely lie about scheduling and having to wait up all night to watch a race which was scheduled at 10pm to start at 2am in the morning… So I’m no stranger to be shoved around by broadcasters, but I have had enough…

I urge Network 10 to sell the broadcast rights to Foxtel, our only pay-tv provider, so that F1 fans can at least watch live races with some sort of routine, round by round… For christ sake, its Monaco!

Estesark
    Participant

Forgive me if I’m mistaken – I don’t know the ins and outs of the situation very well – but I think we already have a thread for this, here. @dragoll, would you consider re-posting what you wrote there? Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.