F1

Only Connect: F1 edition

This topic contains 559 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher 12 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 560 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant

Actually, it might be Alonso and not Montoya. No Spaniards had won in F1 before Alonso.

Verstappen
    Maldonado
    Kubica
    Alonso

JackySteeg
    Participant

@chrischrill you’ve got it for the reason you’ve said! Spot on with Alonso. Over to you!

JackySteeg
    Participant

@chrischrill you’ve got it with Alonso for the reason you said! I was expecting someone to say Montoya…

Over to you!

Ben Needham
    Participant

My first thought was Heikki Kovalainen, with the link being the most recent one-time winners… but then realised that Heikki’s win came after Kubica’s. So I’ll go for Jarno Trulli and assume that Kovalainen doesn’t count in the sequence for some reason!

Anywhere near…!?

Christopher
    Participant

Alright. Throwing you a very difficult one, so a hint: this chain is all post 1 January, 2000. No need to look into the 1900s.

1. Marcus Ericsson
    2. Kamui Kobayashi
    3. Robert Kubica
    4. —

David Not Coulthard
    Participant

I believe Nick Heidfeld was the previous driver to be signed for 3 full seasons (not all at once) at Sauber @chrischrill

Christopher
    Participant

Somehow, Nick Heidfeld would’ve been the fifth on my list had I continued into the 1900’s but no, you are not correct.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@chrischrill I’m gonna say Felipe Massa

All 4 drivers have driven at Sauber for at least 3 years but did not score points on their F1 debut

Christopher
    Participant

Massa it is not. Sauber isn’t related.

I will say this: they share an achievement that they all achieved before F1.

Ronanskie
    Participant

Is it Narain Karthikeyan? As all the driver you named are f1 drivers who have trained pole pole position during the F3 Macau grand prix, but didn’t succeed to win the main race.
    Ericsson did this in 2009 kobayashi in 2006, Kubica in 2004 and Karthikeyan in 2000. Nick heidfeld would have been fifth on the list as he also achieved this in 1996.

Christopher
    Participant

Spot on. Karthikeyan held pole position in 2000. Marcus, Kamui and Robert djd so more recently. Nice one, your turn @ronanskie

Ronanskie
    Participant

Okay, This one might be a bit difficult. The sequence is in chronological order.

1. Ferrari
    2. Lotus
    3. Williams
    4. …

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

I’m having a hard time mate. You got any hints?

Ronanskie
    Participant

This was probably way too hard without hints. So I will give you a hint:
    The 4 teams are connected by something they achieved on a certain track. Only on this track have 4 different teams achieved this.

Christopher
    Participant

Can you provide some more hints here, @ronanskie? It’s been a week and no replies.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 560 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.