F1

Pass of the Year: 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    raymondu999
    Participant

Again I noticed @keithcollantine hadn’t started this thread – so I thought I’d get the ball rolling, lest we forget the more colourful overtakes!

I didn’t really find too many super overtakes (there were numerous, but none stood out to me as a “wow!” move) – but my vote would have to go to Kimi on Webber into T11, and Kimi cutting back on a Ferrari outside T4 to get the inside line for 5. I think Button did that too come to think of it.

David-A
    Participant

I’d go for either Raikkonen on Webber or Di Resta’s pass on Perez and Maldonado.

Renner

Di Resta on Perez and Maldonado

Kingshark
    Participant

Di Resta on Perez and Maldonado. Raikkonen on Webber was also good.

George
    Participant

Hamilton on Rosberg obviously! :D

raymondu999
    Participant

@George I guess you could make a case for that, given the pure angst and aggression of it!

James_mc
    Participant

Di Resta on Maldonado and Perez was fantastically opportunistic and cunning.

Hamilton’s was very exciting though!

ed24f1
    Participant

Massa on Raikkonen was pretty good, excellent wheel to wheel racing without any contact.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9601/d12brn2959.jpg

damonsmedley
    Participant

I didn’t think there were any exciting passes, really. And di Resta taking Maldonado and Perez wasn’t very impressive in my opinion, as he just drove on the racing line as the two cars pushed each other off the track!

ash bongo
    Participant

yeah has to be di-resta pass

PJA
    Participant

Although di Resta’s double pass on Maldonado and Perez may not be technically the greatest, I just love those sort of double overtakes where two drivers are busy fighting amongst themselves then someone else just comes up and passes both of them.

raymondu999
    Participant

@ed24f1 there actually was contact – Raikkonen had a bit break off his front wing.

Pamphlet
    Participant

@ed24f1 That whole duel was ungodly amazing, not just Massa’s pass. It’s still the pass of the year for me so far though.

ed24f1
    Participant

Yeah, Massa’s been in some great wheel to wheel racing already this year – with Button as well at Malaysia.

Thanks Raymond, I didn’t realise there was slight contact.

raymondu999
    Participant

@ed24f1 Yeah. Kimi had a broken front wing, but it was small enough that changing the wing would’ve cost them more time than living with the lost downforce would.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.