F1

Pass of the Year: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

As we did for Australia, what was the best pass of the Malaysian Grand Prix?

Post your suggestions, nominations and videos below.

Here’s the thread for the last race:

https://www.racefans.net/groups/f1/forum/topic/pass-of-the-year-2012-australian-grand-prix/

ShaneB457
    Participant

Ricciardo’s pass on the outside of turn 6..I think it was schumacher he overtook?

Slr
    Participant

Ricciardo, Senna and Kobayashi all passed others on the outside of turn 5 which I thought were brave moves.

Renner
    Tayyib
    Participant

senna on round the outside od schumacher i think it was at turn 5.

BasCB
    Participant

I’d go with what @renner proposes – the pass for the lead by Alonso

Fer no.65
    Participant

Turn 5 overtakes were great. I think the first one they showed was Ricciardo overtaking someone round the outside, so that gets my vote!

Fer no.65
    Participant

Dunno about that overtake by Alonso. Wasn’t Perez just coming out of the pits? his line was tighter and his tyres not up to temperature… he was just standing there.

raymondu999
    Participant

@fer-no65 IIRC Perez defended into T1, which left him vulnerable on the exit of 1 and therefore 2.

Agreed on @renner . Otherwise – Vettel into Turn 1 on Rosberg?

cmckinleyF1
    Participant

Alonso on Webber at the restart into T1/2 was very opportunistic and nicely pulled off

Kingshark
    Participant

There were a whole bunch of overtakes around the turn 5-6 section, but my favourite was Webber around Rosberg at turn 5, beautiful!

Xenon2
    Participant

Kobayashi on Schumacher?

Enigma
    Participant

I loved the turn 5 stuff as well, similar to Webber in China in 2009 through the similar corners (7 and 8 I think). Obviously there’s more grip off the racing line in the wet, but it was impressive how many drivers managed that.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@Raymondu999 Vettel’s pass on Rosberg? You mean the one where he used DRS to get past and Rosberg tucked in behind before the corner? Nothing against Seb, but that was nothing special at all. Alonso’s pass on Webber at the restart around the outside of turn 1 was better, because he actually had to muscle his way past. Button’s pass on Massa at the same corner was perhaps even better.

There were many great moves in the race, but my favourites were the many around-the-outside-of-turn-5 overtakes and Button and Alonso’s hang-it-right-around-the-outside-of-turn-1 passes. Great stuff. I’m not sure I can pick a single favourite though, unfortunately. And there’s probably many I’ve missed!

HK
    Participant

Vettel overtaking Webber, then Webber taking his position back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.