F1

Pass of the year – 2012 Monaco GP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    raymondu999
    Participant

So… votes please. (Good luck with that :P) Tagging @keithcollantine

Yeah I don’t think we’re going to have many takers for this one! Thanks for setting the thread up, though.

raymondu999
    Participant

I was watching the race from an unfortunately commercial-infested broadcast done by ESPN Star Sports (Gary Paffett commentating, mind you) but I actually didn’t see any overtakes at all. Were there? I thought there must have been, but I probably missed them in the commercial breaks, through which I survived using Twitter commentary from f1fanaticlive and also autosportlive – but even then there were no mentions of passes.

Asanator
    Participant

Ummmm…either Alonso on Hamilton or Vettel on Hamilton! LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kovalainen on Button out of the pits.

necrodethmortem
    Participant

tumbleweed.gif

mnmracer
    Participant

Grosjean overtaking the back of his own car!

Mike
    Participant

I liked the one where Button overtook a small portion of Heikki’s car, and then decided that it would be best to leave it at that.

raymondu999
    Participant

I think just about the only wheel to wheel was Hamilton and Vettel’s drag race up Beau Rivage then… Can we nominate that as the pass of the race? :P

Kingshark
    Participant

Kovelainan on Button going into Rivage. I know Button just exited the pits, but still, Kovelainan passed him while they were wheel-to-wheel, in a much inferior Caterham. Win!

raymondu999
    Participant

And no KERS to boot!

Mind you it was like a reverse of Suzuka 2009 – Fisichella and Kovalainen pitted, and they were at the pit exit equal. One of them (can’t remember which) thought of KERS and pressed it, winning the drag race to T1.

Kingshark
    Participant

It must’ve been Kovelainan as Mclaren, along with Ferrari and Renault were the only ones with KERS that season. Still though, very impressive move by Kova! It somewhat reminded me of Webber vs Alonso at Spa last year, although not nearly at as much speed.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Kingshark actually after Spa 2009 Fisichella moved to Ferrari remember? He was Massa’s stand-in driver.

Enigma
    Participant

It was Kovalainen KERS-ing past Fisichella, a very opportunistic move!

From this weekend, I remember Perez passing Vergne early in the race, at the tunnel chicane. Can’t think of many others, except for those on Schumacher when his car was failing.

damonsmedley
    Participant

Vettel around the outside of Karthikeyan through Beau Rivage towards the end. There was also a great move from one of the top 6 around the outside of the second Mirabeau in those last few laps! :-P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.