F1

Petrov’s manager: Vitaly’s F1 story is just beginning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Girts
    Participant

Vitaly Petrov’s manager Oksana Kosachenko has published an interesting announcement, which I haven’t seen anywhere in the English language media so far. It’s on Petrov’s official website; however, it’s available only in Russian.

The article doesn’t reveal where exactly Petrov is going to but the tone is very optimistic. Kosachenko expresses gratitude to all the supporters, the sponsors, the Renault team and Gerard Lopez (she doesn’t mention Eric Boullier though). She confirms that many sposors are going to continue to support Petrov in the future.

The main message is that they are confident of F1 future and promise to announce more detailed news in January or, as the manager puts it, “certainly make a beautiful New Year present for all the F1 friends”. According to Kosachenko, “the story of Russia and Vitaly Petrov in F1 is just beginning”.

The original story is here: http://www.vitalypetrov.ru/news/1230

I wonder what that future could be? A reserve driver role with Marussia?

At long last! Finally, I know what her name is!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

A reserve driver role with Marussia?

Why on earth would he do that? The appeal of having a Russian driver in a Russian racing team only works if the Russian driver actually races for them. Petrov could lure dozens of sponsors to Marussia, but none of them will sign up if he is not racing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.