F1

Red Button on Sky F1 and BBC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Hi guys

I’m preparing material on hybrid TV for my work, could you tell me in short what kind of features are available on the red button on BBC and Sky F1? HbbTV is emerging in Poland and i think the additional content would serve to enhance the watching experience.

If i’m not mistaken there’s a live lap times for every driver, other camera shots.. am i right?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know about SKY but the BBC red button provides lap times of drivers, on-board camera shots of select drivers and a race tracker with the position of each driver on a map of the track as a name tag (Mas,Alo,Msc etc.)

th13teen

Sky offers, about 4-6 on board cameras, Tean twitter feed, Pit lane, Official timing board, tracker, throughout the race! Fewer on board during Practice!

Dan8
    Participant

BBC red button options: pit lane feed (pit stops, team radio), on-board cameras, driver tracker (map of circuit with each driver’s live position shown), choice of commentary (TV/Radio 5 Live) and the F1 Forum post race.

Although viewers who have Freeview are limited to one extra video stream on the Red Button, as there is only one red button channel (301). It is usually the driver tracker, with commentary choices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.