F1

Rosberg falls behind Kobayashi and Perez on final lap

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hays33d
    Participant

Has anyone seen video of Kobayashi pass Perez and Rosberg on the final lap or the collision between Perez and Rosberg? I saw that Rosberg was complaining of a pass under yellow flags (Maldonado’s crash) in a Sky feed of radio communications, but I’m not sure if he was referring to Kobayashi or Perez (who collided with him). Anyway, that incident knocked Rosberg out of the points and it has gotten very little play. Seems like Rosberg could have a case if that happened at the Maldonado accident scene.

Slr
    Participant

I think if Kobayashi really did pass under yellow flags, he would have been penalised by now.

Tayyib
    Participant

He would have been penalised by now but I think the kobayashi pass hapened at turns 9 and 10 because that was where Rosberg picked up the suspected puncture when he got tagged by one of the saubers on the exit of the chicane heading down to turn 11, the puncture i think was probably the reason he finshed out of the points because both str’s and paul di resta both passed him before the drag race to the flag.

James Brickles
    Participant

Soon after Rosberg got the puncture, Perez must’ve made a mistake at turn 11 and 12 which allowed Kobayashi to get past Sergio at turn 13. I don’t think there was a pass under yellow flags prior to that.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

As the group approached Maldonado’s accident the order was:
    Perez, Rosberg, Kobayashi, Raikkonen, Vergne, Ricciardo, di Resta.
    After turn 10 and on the run down to turns 11 & 12, Rosberg tried to go around the outside of Perez (who had backed off after the accident and dropped into Rosberg’s clutches) but as he got by he started to pull across too soon and clipped the front of Perez’s Sauber, giving him a rear puncture, and causing Perez to back off so as they didn’t totally run into one another. Kobayashi and Raikkonen drove by and Perez continued off after them, while Vergne, Ricciardo and di Resta (in that order) all passed Rosberg as well between turns 11 and 13. At turn 13, Vergne made a small mistake and Ricciardo got past, and then di Resta got by at the line.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.