F1

Rumor of a driver for HRT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Narain Karthikeyan!!!! Ok, so there are rumors out there that Narain has secured a seat with HRT… anyone can back that up?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. He has said it on Twitter.

narainracing Narain Karthikeyan

Back in F1 in 2011. Signed a deal to race for HRT. I’ve always maintained that my time in F1 was not over & now making good on that promise.

Just goes to show HRT are still in a sorry state, kept in business by pay drivers and getting worse pay drivers too. Sorry Narain but you had a go and showed nothing to suggest you deserve another chance. What must the likes of the Hulk be thinking!?

Tom L.
    Participant

Huelkenberg could probably get a seat at HRT if he wanted one – even if he wasn’t bringing in a lot of money – but whether he would want one is another matter!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

He was offered a contract. It was a part of a Williams deal. He turned it down because he didn’t want to race for them.

Which was stupid. A race seat is a race seat. Even if you’re in a Hispania and six seconds off the pace, you’re still in the sport. Staying on the sidelines will only kill your career.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Kolles said he wanted Valsecchi if he could get sponsors, but he might as well sign up Alex Yoong for HRT’s line-up.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The good thing about Karthikeyan’s presence is that if he’s paying a lot of money, Hispania might be able to afford asking less of Valsecchi.

Icthyes
    Participant

Another GP2 driver coming up too soon? No thanks.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

He impressed them in Abu Dhabi. A lot. Kolles said Valsecchi “learned more about the car in a single afternoon than some drivers did in a whole season”. If that is indeed true and more than a backhanded swipe at Bruno Senna, Valsecchi may be worth looking into. I mean, look at Kamui Kobayashi – you wouldn’t know if based on his results in GP2, but he’s proven to do quite well for himself in Formula 1. He’s probably the best Japanese driver to date, and if he keeps the momentum up this season, he could find himself in a top drive for 2012. While I’m not saying that Davide Valsecchi will do the same, he could well be one of those drivers who simply thrives under the pressue of Formula 1. Looking at his GP2 results, he’s hardly a Plamen Kralev; he’s had two wins and three podims in GP2, and four wins, six podiums and a championship in GP2 Asia (in fact, he had twice as many points as anybody else that year). There’s certainly potential there. A year with a team like Rapax probably won’t hurt him, but he’s certainly someone I’d be considering if I were running a smaler team.

Hare
    Participant

@pm a la Eddie Jordan…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@PM Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso both spent their second year in F1 as testers for a big team (Ferrari and Renault) that later gave them a drive. The same (I hope) will happen to Hulkenberg if he doesn’t get a seat.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Such a scenario would be dependent on Sutil or di Resta (or whoever) moving on after 2011.

manatcna
    Participant

So, has Liuzzi been fired?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It’s uncertain. If he has, it’s not so much a case of being fired as it is being bought out of his contract. Blick claimed that he has been, but the article was later pulled down within 24 hours. Adrian Sutil said shortly after the article was removed that he was still in negotiations and that they wouldn’t know for sure for another two weeks. That was about this time last week, so we’ll probably know some time around this Friday-next Monday.

Funkyf1
    Participant

Nick Hiedfeld would bring some experience and knowledge to the team as I don’t think they’ll get much else out the season

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Heidfeld only has a season in him at the most. Fixing Hispania is going to be a long-term job.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.