F1

Sebastien Buemi to be Official Red Bull Reserve Driver

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Polishboy808
    Participant

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-sebastien-buemi-to-be-red-bull-reserve-driver-in-2012-report/

Article says it all. Interesting, since it seems that most people believe that Alguersuari did a better job this year. Could this mean that Jaime already has a contract for next year? Anyway, I’m glad Buemi will remain in F1 for at least another season, I think he’s pretty talented and deserves another shot at F1, much more so than Jaime.

The idea of making one of the former Toro Rosso drivers RB’s reserve driver makes a lot of sense, but Buemi over Alguersuari? I think I’d have picked the DJ, myself.

Slr
    Participant

At least Buemi isn’t left completely out of Formula One. Because last year Alguersuari kept going out of Q1, and therefore had more tyres to help him score more points, it makes it a bit harder to decide who better between Alguersuari and Buemi. I think they both deserve to be in Formula One, I hope Alguersuari finds a job with another team.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my opinion, this is the wrong choice. As @slr has said, it is difficult to decide who did a better job but I would rather see Alerguersuri have a chance since I feel he is the quicker driver out the two but not keeping him under contract could mean he has a seat in another car. Please I just hope it is HRT and not Williams.

Polishboy808
    Participant

I disagree with you guys, I think Buemi was quicker, and more consistent. Alguersuari had some great moments, but he also had long periods of time where he did absolutely nothing at all, failing to make it out of Q1 at times…. Buemi was consistently quick, and the positions he finished in when he wasn’t in the points were always higher than Jaime’s. Also, none of Buemi’s retirements were his fault, were as Alguersuari had crashes in Monaco. Thats why I think Buemi deserves an F1 seat more than Alguersuari.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Alguersuari was quicker than Buemi, and although it seemed as if Buemi initially had the upper hand, Alguersuari improved and became superior over Buemi. If Alguersuari hadn’t held up Vettel in Korea, he might’ve stayed at STR in 2012, as that really angered Helmut Marko. Still, Alguersuari is rumoured to be moving over to Mercedes to become their reserve, and if this is true, we could see him in the DTM, too.

TheJudge
    Participant

If this is true,than Buemi is lucky,because otherwise he would end up without nothing at all. Ofcourse it’s not the same,because he’ll get only to drive the show car but no friday outings with the big team.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There was never much between them and neither were super stars but Buemi did put in some great but consistent drives (something Alg lacked) so if they need a driver at a moment’s notice then Buemi will be the one who gets the job done. I don’t believe they want either of them for a long amount of time just if something does goes wrong and Buemi is more likely to fill in, be consistent and maybe impress.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Actually, had Alguersuari not scored in Cananda, it’s realistic that he could’ve been axed in favour of Ricciardo. That’s probably why Ricciardo moved across to HRT; he was supposed to take Alguersuari’s seat. I agree Buemi is the more consistent of the two, but Alguersuari had some great performances at the end of the season- probably because of the pressure of Vergne and Ricciardo knocking on the door. Still, both are average- Alguersuari has displayed the potential to improve- but otherwise, they’re not the Vettels Red Bull originally had in mind.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

This story originated with Roger Benoit – the same journalist who broke the “story” that Jules Bianchi would take Kobayashi’s place at Sauber.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

@slr That’s true regarding the usage of tyres, but Alguersuari ultimately scored more points.

I would have thought Red Bull would have preferred Alguersuari to be honest.

Slr
    Participant

@andrewtanner Alguersuari did score more points, but lady luck did seem to have it in for Buemi in the closing stages of the season, and points were on the cards for Buemi in races he retired in. I usually don’t like to say “Driver X would have more if not for this and that”, but Buemi bad luck came just as Toro Rosso started to become their most competitive.

magon4
    Participant

@polishboy808 i’m with you. buemi was much better if you add up everything. he deserved it and red bull as coherent.

Adam Tate
    Participant

Great point PM. I’m taking this story with a rather large grain of salt.

Polishboy808
    Participant

@Prisoner-Monkeys , Well, several rumors have ended up being true, and this one seems to have picked up some momentum were as the Kobayashi one died rather quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.