F1

Senna nominated for a BAFTA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

SENNA might not be elegible for an Oscar this year, but it has been nominated for the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards) in thre categories:

Senna movie gets BAFTA nominations

The Senna film has been nominated for three British Academy Film Awards, ahead of the gala ceremony that takes place next month.

The documentary on the life of the late three-time world champion has already proved a hit with cinema audiences, and picked up a number of trophies – including an AUTOSPORT Award last year.

Now, it has been recognised by the judges of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), who have nominated it in three categories.

Senna has been put forward in the categories for Outstanding British Film, Documentary and Editing.

In the Outstanding British Film award it is going up against My Week with Marilyn, Shame, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and We Need to talk about Kevin.

It is one of only three films in the Documentary category, with its rivals being George Harrison: Living in the material world, and Project Nim.

The BAFTA Awards ceremony takes place at London’s Royal Opera House on February 12.

Writer Manish Pandey wrote on Twitter: “Senna given 3 @BAFTA nominations! Can’t remember a doc that was as honoured. Thank you to the British Academy.”

If Alan Rickman can’t even get a nomination for his performance as Snape in the Harry Potter series, I honestly can’t take BAFTA seriously.

Asanator
    Participant

It was an ok film, I don’t think it was deserving of any awards really, many of the talking heads ruined it for me as they seemed to have little relevance to Senna himself or F1!

matt90
    Participant

There weren’t any talking heads.

@Asanator

many of the talking heads ruined it for me

Talking heads in Senna? There’s weren’t any…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sort of happy because it’s an F1 movie but I really didn’t find it all that. It was a good film/doc but not a great one.

Estesark
    Participant

The “feature commentary” version of the film features “talking heads” (interviews with people who helped contribute to the production of the film) – Richard Williams, John Bisignano, Alain Prost, Ron Dennis and many more – as well as a commentary track from the directors that can be switched off. That’s probably what @asanator was referring to.

I have watched the version of the film with those interviews, and I thought they were largely very good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.