F1

Should Liuzzi Race Next Year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Liuzzi is constantly being beaten by his teammate, and has only scored 13 points versus Sutil’s 45- more than triple than Liuzzi’s 2010 haul. I’ve been noticing di Resta’s DTM performance recently, and he has been amazing. Should Sutil stay at Force India next year, should Liuzzi stay his teammate? Or, assuming Sutil lands a seat at a different team, say Renault or perhaps Mercedes, should Liuzzi still be replaced by someone, say Klien or Chandhok, to partner Paul di Resta in the circumstance di Resta lands a seat with the Indian squad?

sw6569
    Participant

Liuzzi has two main problems:

Di Resta and his consistent underachieving.

However, its the fact that he underachieves that almost makes me want to see him in F1 still (flawed logic I know…but let me continue!). Liuzzi was mighty in the junior formulas. More so than almost any other driver on the grid. It just makes me think that his career has been mismanaged and full of mistakes. I would like to see him succeed as he has so much potential!

On the other hand though, as you say di Resta is looking mighty impressive. Perhaps Liuzzi deserves one season alongside di Resta. I personally think Sutil will leave the team this year, so that might allow it to happen

Red Andy
    Participant

Di Resta is a shoe-in for a Force India drive next season and I will be very surprised if he doesn’t get one. I think if Schumacher retires, Sutil will go to Mercedes; otherwise he will stay with Force India. So what happens to Liuzzi ultimately depends on Michael.

Assuming Schumi goes and Sutil jumps ship to Mercedes, I think Liuzzi will be kept on. Firstly because Force India will want a bit of continuity in the team, and secondly because there is no guarantee that either Klien or Chandhok would be any better. Chandhok’s a lovely guy but has essentially been ruled out of contention for a Force India drive by various statements from them. And Klien was always a journeyman – as I’ve said before, the only thing he was ever better at than Liuzzi was at being Austrian, which was of inestimable value at Red Bull but won’t be of much help now.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Would Force India, assuming Sutil left, and di Resta was signed to them, choose Liuzzi over Heidfeld?

sw6569
    Participant

difficult to know. Heidfeld would probably stay with sauber rather than go to FI in my opinion

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

I think Perez or Maldonado will go to Sauber due to $$$, that’s why I mentioned Heidfeld.

wasiF1
    Participant

I have one answer, NO

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

If Sutil leaves Force India, ten yes, Liuzzi should race. The team will need continuity.

nik

I have been tracking Liuzzi this year because I was glad that he got another shot since he has/had a lot of potential. Very disappointed with his results. Reliability has played a part, but he is definitely under-performing. In his better qualifying runs he almost always screwed it up in the race.

I don’t expect him to have a seat next year. I can imagine Di Resta will get a seat regardless of what Schumacher does.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please keep him! If FI keep Sutil and get Di Resta, then I hope Liuzzi will sign with another team… maybe Ferrari :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll admit he’s been disappointing, but the guy seems to be the nicest guy in the paddock. Met him at Monza last weekend and he was an absolute star. Also always puts on a good show at events such as Goodwood. Hopefully he’ll pull it out before the season ends, if for no other reason than to keep a top character in F1.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Liuzzi will be around next year. He’s had a much better start to the season than Sutil and has simply not had the rub of the green since then. If he doesn’t sign with Force India, I reckon he may go to HRT…

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I hope Liuzzi stays on. Every now and then he shows flashes of inspiration but his career never seems to have really got going, which is a shame. I think if Sutil jumps ship Liuzzi would stay on, but if Sutil stays at FI then there’s no reason for Liuzzi to be kept over the promising Di Resta.

Red Andy
    Participant

I think many of Liuzzi’s issues are psychological. At Red Bull he was poorly treated because he wasn’t Klien; at STR he and Scott Speed were both poorly treated because they weren’t Vettel. Now at Force India it seems like one of his major issues inside the team is that he isn’t Paul di Resta. I do wonder how well he’d perform without the massive psychological pressure of someone else visibly waiting in the wings for his seat.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Liuzzi has had 3 shots at F1 now and he hasn’t impressed in any of them. He’s had his chance and unfortunately he has failed, now it’s time to give someone else an opportunity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.