F1

Singapore 2010

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Is anybody going to the Singapore GP this year? I am heading over with a few mates, any advise on where to go at night etc… from people that have been before?

Cheers,

Shylo

Journeyer
    Participant

I went to the first one in 08. Let me just say it was a pain to go around for me – literally! My ankle had barely healed from a sprain, but all the pain was worth it. ;)

But it was also a pain to go around because there were so many people, and thus the MRT (which is the best way to get around Singapore most of the year) was jampacked. I hope they’ve improved the situation over the past two years. If they have, it’s the best way to go, because the streets in that district would obviously be closed.

The best place to go at night would be Clarke Quay (which is up all night, especially that weekend). It has great establishments, and a great view too. Try to pass by the Raffles Hotel too – the last time we went, the reception parking lot was obscene – the cheapest car being a Mini Cooper, and the majority of cars being shiny red Ferraris. Not to mention they created the Singapore Sling.

nik

Oh I love Singapore, I have so much fun there.

Where are you staying? I recommend the Shangri-La, not close to the track, but a fantastic hotel

Going out I recommend: Zirca, Zouk, Supperclub (go upstairs on the beds), Butter Factory (this place rocks)

Stay away from the tourist traps, they are full of people looking to rip you off in one way or another

Try to go out to Santosa for at least a night, and Holland Village

If you like Thai girly bars, go to Nana’s and the bar in the basement of the hilton (can’t recall the name of it for the life of me)

If you want to see sick red light sorta stuff, Orchard towards (beware: they look like women from far, but are far from women)

tip: find a good cab driver (ask the concierge) and stick with him. the good drivers know where it is happening each night and can take you around, get you into clubs etc.

Journeyer
    Participant

I love nik’s descriptions at Orchard.

Yeah, Sentosa is a good spot to go to as well, but it’s a bit farther out of the main city compared to Clarke Quay. That’s where the beach is, though… :)

There is already a discussion thread for people going to this race, as there is for every race on the 2010 calendar:

2010 Singapore Grand Prix discussion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.