F1

So where were the penalties in Turkey?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pionir
    Participant

After last year’s dressing down of Vettel and Hamilton for racing in the pit lane, where was the penalty for Massa? Yes he gave the place back *eventually*, but it was still charging down the pitlane on the edge of pitboxes and a release almost into the path of Hamilton.

Then there was the Schumacher on Petrov incident. Alonso got a penalty for “causing and avoidable collision” in Malasia, even though only he suffered, so why Schuie didn’t get a penalty is beyond me.

Consistency has been pretty good since they introduced the ex-driver steward but it seems to have been a bit AWOL today.

George
    Participant

I agree about the Massa one, Schumi I would bring up for moving over in the braking zone rather than for running into the back of Petrov.

Icthyes
    Participant

I’d like to know what happened to not running people off the road, like Petrov did to Heidfeld. I’d almost forgotten about the Massa incident, seems odd nothing was done (yet another traffic lights incident from Ferrari).

Slr
    Participant

The pit lane was wide enough so I don’t think the Massa-Hamilton incident was a big problem. As for Schumacher, he didn’t need to be punished for his clumsy driving against Petrov, Alonso’s penalty in Malaysia was stupid anyway.

f199player
    Participant

the only penalty today was for Pastor Maldonado for doing 103.5kph in pit lane.

Massa and Hamilton was debatable and Schumi was punished by losing his wing

wasiF1
    Participant

For a while the way drivers were bumping with one another I thought that they were not driving F1 cars but Kart cars.

Macca
    Participant

I liked when (I think it was) Martin Brundle said “Your not even aloud to do this much bumping when you drive dodgem cars at the carnival.”

I didn’t think any of those incidents merited a penalty.

BarnstableD
    Participant

Agreed. I think it would have just taken away from the close racing. As long as they’re not causing each other to have huge accidents then this close racing should be encouraged rather than drivers avoiding making moves at the risk of a penalty.

Icthyes
    Participant

I don’t disagree with the way Massa handled the race down the pit-lane (almost zero shouts about him doing the same thing Hamilton did last year, I noticed), but the release itself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hamilton’s mechanic kept him still when Massa entered, but those Ferrari guys were slow and shouldn’t have let Massa go, so maybe a fine for the team. Schumacher deserved a penalty for pushing Kobayashi on the grass and to a lesser extent for crashing into Petrov.

sato113
    Participant

Alonso’s penalty in Malaysia was the most ridiculous penalty i’ve ever seen in f1.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.