F1

The best (or worse) Trulli Trains

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

I’m in need of a bit of help. I’m going to do a post on my blog with top 5 Trulli trains, I’d appreciate suggestions of races where the Trulli train was present. So far I’ve got Singapore 2008 and Abu Dhabi 2009

Slr
    Participant

San Marino 2005 comes to mind.

ShaneB457
    Participant

Whats a Trulli train? @georgedaviesf1

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

@ShaneB457 when Jarno Trulli holds everyone up and gets factored into team’s startegy :)

ShaneB457
    Participant

Ok thanks :)

f1alex
    Participant

Singapore 2008 was a pretty good one, seen here at 52 seconds. :)

raymondu999
    Participant

I thought Bahrain 2009 was quite one. It wasn’t a long one; but he held Vettel for half the race and Button for the other half – and as we know those were really the fastest two packages for the 2009 season.

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

I’d like to nominate Hungary 2001 as my favourite Trulli Train. Jarno had qualified well – in 5th, but he couldn’t get the car working so well in the race. He was 0.6 seconds slower than team-mate Jean Alesi. As a result, by lap 29 he had Hakkinen behind him (who he’d been expecting to fight), as well as Heidfeld, Montoya, Raikkonen, Villenueve and Panis (who he hadn’t). When Jarno pitted that lap, the fuel hose took 3 seconds longer to disengage than expected, meaning that the five drivers made good their escape. Except Villenueve, whose car started handling even worse than Trulli’s. Jacques had to wait for Jarno’s hydraulics to fail on lap 54 before he could finally disembark on the Trulli Train.

It was a masterful piece of defensive driving.

GeeMac
    Participant

Hmm, I wouldn’t count Bahrain 2009. The Toyotas locked out the front row on pure pace and then succeeded in throwing away a race win by switching both Trulli and Glock to the harder tyre at the wrong moment.

Fer no.65
    Participant

France 2008? I thought that was a good one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.