F1

The F1 Fanatic Forum: 44% English!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

Out of curiosity of which countries provide the most F1 Fanatic’s (and also because I’m a statto and clearly have nothing better to do with my time!), I’ve just counted up all the different nationalities mentioned on the ‘Introduce Yourself’ thread. This is what I found:

England- 32

Australia- 7

US- 5

Scotland- 3

Italy- 3

Ireland- 3

Brazil- 2

Canada- 2

Wales- 2

Belgium- 2

India- 2

Northern Ireland- 1

Isle of Man- 1

Holland- 1

New Zealand- 1

Slovenia- 1

Chile- 1

Spain- 1

Bangladesh- 1

Argentina- 1

Indonesia- 1

In total, 73 people gave their nationality, and 44% of them were English. It’s great to see people from all around the world on this site. Of course, Forum contributors don’t necessarily reflect the distribution of readers in general, but you get the idea.

Oh, and if there are other people representing countries I haven’t mentioned, add it to the list!

GeeMac
    Participant

I represent 3 countries in one… born in Scotland, raised in South Africa, working in Dubai UAE!

SoLiDG
    Participant

yay not the only belgian :)

Maksutov
    Participant

@GeeMac

pick one lol

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Ok GeeMac I classify you as a Scotafremiratian

Icthyes
    Participant

Did you count me as Canada, Ned? I won’t be living here for long and it’s only been for 6 months!

[Technically I wouldn’t even count myself as England, but there’s no shame in that!]

A better way to have done this would be to have scoured the Ferrari team orders article and see how many comments were left complaining that Keith was a biased Englishman ;)

TrueF1Grit

Nice to see u’m not the only Welshman,

I’d like to find out where the other one hails from :D

Polishboy808
    Participant

Well I live in the US, but my blood is pure Polish, so does that mean I can represent Poland?

Journeyer
    Participant

Proud to be from the Philippines. :)

@polishboy808 – If A1GP can do it, so can you! ;)

wasiF1
    Participant

Great work Ned, So I am the only one representing Bangladesh. It’s nice to see that people from many part of the world are meeting here & talking about F1.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Funny story. I’m Brazilian-born but I live in the US, I consider myself Brazilian. Thr funny story is that Polishboy is from a foreign country but lives in the US just like me, and guess what- we go to the same school.

Leftie
    Participant

someday i’ll be telling my grandsons that i was the very first Ukrainian @ F1 Fanatic, lol

I was born and bred in Great Britain, but I’m also an Australian citizen. Not only is this of great benefit to me as I can tell British women that I’m Australian and Australian women that I’m British, it also means that it’s guaranteed that my nation will win the Ashes every single time. As I refuse to choose just one nation over the other, I’ll be awkward and say that I should count as 50% British and 50% Australian.

BasCB
    Participant

You can add me as Dutch, but living in the Czech Republic Ned.

IDR
    Participant

Happy to see there is at least one more Spaniard in this blog!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.