F1

The power of media spin

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m sure F1 fans all here know of the “Lewis thinks he’s senna, Alonso is Prost and vettel isn’t considered a rival but a Mansell” lost in translation stunt. Which has engulfed the comment boards on many F1 sites from the past fews days.

But yet it’s very easy to manipulate words from anybody, even a smuck like me can make a headline title from a comment off vettel today…

Q: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?

SV: Nobody of today. I once again would aim for Senna and Prost. I would probably have to take some sort of course to learn how to handle them.

I can make a few headlines out of this myself just by using the part, (Nobody of today):

Sebastian doesn’t rate Alonso, Schumacher, Button or Hamilton.

Vettel thinks no driver of today can fill his requirements.

Vettel thinks only Senna and Prost can have his seats.

Vettel:Nobody today is good enough for my team.

Sebastian:I can handle anybody except Prost and Senna.

This isn’t meant to be a flame post but just to show how easy it is to get sucked into the main title. When you read it first on the official F1 site, it’s nothing but a question and a simple answer. Give it to a different site (except F1fanatic) or a newspaper and they’ll jump around going crazy over it trying to make their comment box explode.

Take deep breaths and give me your thoughts? Is media spin pointless? Should the F1 board do something about it? Should certain drivers go on a media strike if shown in a different light? What would you do if you were that driver having his words twisted?

Asanator
    Participant

The Kings of Spin are McLaren!

Pointing and accusing McLaren as the main culprit doesn’t really leave a worthy response to what I’m trying to get across.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s important is that people who want to reply read the whole article and not base their opinions on headlines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.