F1

There is an outrageous rumour going round that Massa’s been sacked

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

It kinda started on Twitter when skysprtnewsf1 or whatever they are called on Twitter said “Stay tuned folks. We’re hearing some dramatic news about testing is about to be made public…” And then someone said Massa has been sacked and it snowballed

Estesark
    Participant

Why would Massa being sacked be “dramatic news about testing”, though?

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

I dont know, it was quite amusing though

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

Exactly. Sky’s dramatic news about testing is this:

katederby
    Participant

Well this is what SkySportsF1just posted;

Red Bull are bringing out a new car for the final two days of testing. Full story and interview with Ted coming up…

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

To be honest, the actual news s*y had isnt as interesting as Massa being sacked

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

I don’t know, it sounds very interesting to me. It either means they had serious problems with their first design or, more likely, they have something that they NEED to test but is completely new and revolutionary. I look forward to tomorrow.

robk23
    Participant

But Twitter has also recently claimed that both Madonna and Rowan Atkinson had died…

katederby
    Participant

Here’s the news from Sky Sports News;

Red Bull are flying out a new chassis for the final two days in Barcelona armed with a series of high-profile and critical upgrades as the testing season goes into dramatic overdrive.

Sky Sports F1 understands that the World Champion’s aggressive new package will include a new rear wing, a new front wing and a heavily-revised exhaust.

The revisions are so extensive that the team have had to bolt them onto a new chassis after round-the-clock work at their Milton Keynes HQ. The ‘new car’ is being flown out overnight, with Team Principal Christian Horner and Chief Designer Adrian Newey, conspicuous by their absence at the Circuit de Catalunya on the opening two days of the third-and-final winter, also flying out from England.

Estesark
    Participant

I have so much respect and expectation of Red Bull nowadays that I expect them to come out with something really revolutionary on their car tomorrow which will shave half a second off their lap times. The reason that they would have wanted to keep it a secret until now was because they didn’t want to give the other teams so much time to study and copy it.

So what, Red Bull get updates is the news? How is this dramatic? I hope Sky don’t continue to be as sensationalist as this for the rest of the season.

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

Their Twitter seems to be a bit behind the 8-ball when it comes to breaking news, or its because I dont follow them so only when their tweets get retweeted I see them

I wondered if it might be possible to rummage through the Twitter search results to see who was first to use the #Massasacked hashtag but it only seems to go back so far:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23massasacked

cmckinleyF1
    Participant

It was this guy who triggered the false alarm https://twitter.com/#!/mike09lfc

I wasn’t online when it all started but it seems he’s deleted the tweet now. Weird how 1 tweet causes such a stir sometimes!

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

Ferrari weren’t too pleased with it all. Didn’t seem to realise it had been said jokingly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.