F1

To my fellow f1fanatics across the pond how do you do it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mack41
    Participant

Being in college and unable to watch Speed’s coverage of Formula 1 I have had to download the BBC’s coverage a couple days after the race. I have downloaded and started watching the complete 2008 series and loved the coverage and commentators and was looking forward to more quality Formula 1 brought to you by the BBC. However, I was confronted with a large stupid dwarf on my screen. How are you guys able to deal with Eddie Jordan? Holy crap. “A man into controversial things like myself…OMG RED BULL TEAM ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!”… ummmm no an engine problem and Vettel ended up finishing ahead of Webber. After this inane comment, and other retarded things, which is literally everyother word out of his mouth, I need to know how you guys are able to put up with this. David is great, the other guy is fine, but Eddie has this Napolean complex of stupid assinine comments. “Schumacher is going to retire” sources? his ass. I don’t understand how someone like this can have a job. I’m sorry for rambling but he ruined the Grand Prix for men.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m able to deal with Eddie Jordan because I’m forced to deal with Greg Rust and Cameron McConville. What’s your excuse?

Rucknar
    Participant

He does occasionally irritate but overall i’d say i respect his view as an ex team owner.

He didn’t much enjoy the prank by Ron Dennis though! :)

Icthyes
    Participant

Eddie Jordan can be a bit of a monkey on a typewriter when it comes to things but he’s never afraid to come at things from a different angle, ask hard questions and he usually admits when one of his predictions is proven wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually adore Eddie Jordan. He’s eccentric and sometimes he’s way, way off the mark but other times when I think he’s being insane he’s actually bang on. I never would have stuck Alo on pole in Hungary 09 and I certainly didn’t think Schumi would ever come back yet EJ saw it coming.

He can play the joker at times but he asks the questions that others are scared to in an interview. I think he’s magnificient (not as much as Geoffrey :P).

He also works brilliantly with DC and JH. There is a great banter there and while DC brings the experience of being a racer EJ shows just how tough it was to be a team manager.

Scribe
    Participant

Yeah actually I agree with Steph, he’s better than the usual flat boring colourless goons. Certainly better than the ITV crowd snore. An whoda though Jake Humphrey would do so well? My sister often comments that it’s weird to have one of her childhood CBBC presenters in charge of F1.

He’s occasionally a bit cringe worthy but it’s worth it for everything else, this was last year but remember suprise Schumacher interveiw? Thats a scoop like ya get no where else.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Yeah actually I agree with Steph,” Oh gee thanks Scribe, don’t make it sound so painful! Just kidding :)

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Haha ‘monkey on a typewriter’ is an excellent way of describing him! He does occasionally make an impressive prediction or a fair observation- but he says so much, and changes his stance so often, that it’s more law of averages than any real F1 wisdom

Slr
    Participant

Eddie Jordan is great. He clearly has a passion for the sport, which is shown by his strong opinions on certain topics. I’d love to see him commentate some races to see his live reactions to incidents.

Hairs
    Participant

Eddie Jordan is easy to deal with – he’s a character, but he’s only on in short doses. It’s not like Legard where you’re stuck with him for over an hour and a half.

karan01
    Participant

I can’t get over the pink pants he wore in Canada.

Icthyes
    Participant

I can’t get over the pink pants he wore in Canada.

That gave me a good laugh, thanks – I was famous amongst my friends in Canada for wearing coloured jeans. Not pink ones though – there’s a line to be drawn!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

He’s entertaining!

The picture of him that Jake had at Spa (I think?) back in the early 90’s was hilarious! He looked most put out.

Scribe
    Participant

Lol, I often agree with Steph, despite that strange tifosi-ing thing you’ve got going on, despite all the redcaring probs the most lovable member of f1fanatic. It’s nice amongst McLaren fans who over the last ten years have been forced to beome gridlingly bitter and partisan to meet a nice tribalist.

@slr i like him but my god, not as a commentator, I can imganie that would be hilarious for the first couple of races then ear pullingly annoying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t make me blush Scribe :) It’s all lies though as you’re far too kind and I do enjoy the fact that we’re meant to be on different sides as it’s nice to see things from another perspective and I do enjoy a healthy rivalry :P I do wish you liked Petrov though!

I think Hairs and Scribe are bang on with EJ that he’s great in small doses. If we had him commentating it would be hilarious at first but then he’d probably end up being overbearing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.