F1

torro rosso 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sbl on tour
    Participant

why would torro rosso want to keep that pair of no hopers on for another year – unbelievable!

think i,m still smarting from bourdais getting the boot

webber for the championship

sbl on tour

SoLiDG
    Participant

They do an ‘ok’ job. But still weird they aint looking around more tough.

But on the other hand it’s nice they give their drivers some comfort and time.

why would they look around? their car is average at best, they are there to bring drivers through from the red bull developement scheme and are therefore bound to that driver pool and for that reason will stick with jaime and seb and anyway, they are both doing a more than capable job. (i know that sentance was grammatical murder, please dont point it out)

wasiF1
    Participant

I think that is a good decision by the management which they will be profited later as someone who will have more success then the other will be replaced by Webber once he leaves Red Bull.

sbl on tour
    Participant

god forbit , replacing webber when he goes, thats like giving a boy a mans job,

I wonder if another team would take them, dont think so

Macca
    Participant

@sbl – I agree, if Buemi replaces Webber when he retires, Red Bull will walk all over him.

Tom L.
    Participant

Personally I’m glad to see STR sticking with drivers and giving them more than one chance to succeed – the way they quickly shifted on the likes of Speed, Liuzzi, Bourdais and Vettel (albeit in the latter case for very different reasons!) and their long deliberation over retaining Alguersuari for this year suggested that the team was a make-or-break environment. The fact that both drivers have been retained despite not being the next Vettel is a sign that the team’s management are calming down a little.

Perhaps they’re under less pressure from Red Bull to force drivers through the system now that they’re a more independent unit, designing their own car; however I believe the team is still under Red Bull ownership as it has been since Gerhard Berger pulled out.

Perhaps the up-and-coming Red Bull talents (Ricciardo and Hartley) are seen as not being ready; however Alguersuari was hardly ready this time last year – what do people think?

Steph90

“Perhaps the up-and-coming Red Bull talents (Ricciardo and Hartley) are seen as not being ready; however Alguersuari was hardly ready this time last year – what do people think? “

Ric and Hart should try out GP2 first for a while then F1. I think with the testing ban a jaime situation would be a nightmare for them again.

sbl on tour
    Participant

should have stuck with bourdais!

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Bourdais was, at best, average. Granted there were odd occasions in 2008 where he could match Vettel but that was only very rarely. In 2009 he should have easily had the measure of Buemi but he didn’t, and his constant complaining and making excuses about why you can’t drive the car properly isn’t the way to endear yourself to a team. It’s no surprise he hasn’t been on any other teams radar since.

Steph90

I think Bourdais was at his best when the car was good in 08. I think he was a bit of a fusspot if I’m honest. I don’t think Vettel blew him completely away and sometimes like at Monza things just seemed to be against him. He never helped himself though.

Toro Rosso were maybe a bit hasty with him but the whole point is to develop drivers and it was clear Bourdais was never going to be a superstar of F1.

sbl on tour
    Participant

hold on there lads, theres more to racing than F1, if I am right SB 4 won champ car titles and theres no arguing with that, cant see many of the current F1 journeymen doing that, can you? Maybe F1 isnt seen as the pinnacle everywhere!

Plus I am led to believe he is a dab hand at Le Mans

sbl on tour

SoLiDG
    Participant

Bourdais does have the credentials, too bad he didn’t get a better shot in f1.

It didn’t work at str. But a real real good driver would do it in any car. Look at Vettel in the same machine, you could see he has it!

TommyB
    Participant

Buemi has done a fantastic job this year and Alguersuari has matured a lot and put in some good performances.

The car is pretty poor so why would they look around, they were criticised for going through 2 many drivers so why criticise them now?

sbl on tour
    Participant

no need to get personal there tommy!

sbl on tour

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.