F1

Valencia and Barcelona to alternate from 2013*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

*Pending an agreement, of course:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97918

Discuss

raymondu999
    Participant

I’d rather they axed Valencia completely.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@raymondu999 – Jesus, take a win when you can get one.

raymondu999
    Participant

I will take this gladly. But I’d still rather they axed it.

duncanmonza
    Participant

Valencia is a boring circuit and probably should be axed but I think it’s a good idea to alternate circuits, it should be done more to keep the calendar fresh and have grands prix in more countries. A good way for the calendar to work would be to have have 30-35 circuits alternating on a roster over a 5 year period with each one having at least 3 GPs in this period.

Girts
    Participant
    Estesark
    Participant

With the calendar featuring more races than ever, and new races on the horizon, I don’t think any country having two races to itself can be justified any more – with the possible exception of the USA. I’m fine with alternating races within one country, even if it means that every other year uses a more boring circuit. In this case, Barcelona isn’t particularly exciting either, so I think it’s a good decision. I’m less happy with the prospect of the Belgian and French Grands Prix alternating.

Edit: Girts, thanks for pointing that out. I tend to come straight to the forums on F1 Fanatic now, without checking the main site. Thread closed and discussion directed to this article.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.