F1

Vettel does his maiden Ferrari drive

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Neel Jani
    Participant

Vettel drives Alonso's 2012 title challenger

Sebastian Vettel got behind the wheel of a Ferrari for the first time on Saturday at Fiorano.

Vettel, whose move to Ferrari was confirmed in Abu Dhabi, drove its 2012 model at the team’s test track, with F1 regulations allowing the running of a two-year old car for drivers to accumulate mileage. Red Bull blocked Vettel from driving for Ferrari at the official test days at Abu Dhabi earlier this week, with Kimi Raikkonen and reserve driver Raffaele Marciello taking over.

The test will have little bearing on development of the 2015 car, which is ongoing, but will have allowed Vettel to try a seat fitting for next season. Though renowned for changing his helmet frequently during his career, Vettel wore a plain white lid for the visit, notably without the Red Bull branding which has accompanied him throughout his career.

The car driven by Vettel was the same one he beat to the title in 2012 by three points, when he overcame Fernando Alonso.

Source: http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/186347.html?CMP=chrome

hunocsi
    Participant

Though renowned for changing his helmet frequently during his career, Vettel wore a plain white lid for the visit, notably without the Red Bull branding which has accompanied him throughout his career.

He’ll change his helmet even more often now, every test day in fact.

Neel Jani
    Participant

I dunno how is he allowed when it was decided by RBR that he cannot test until his RBR contract expires.

zomtec
    Participant

that’s easy: it expired yesterday.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do wish he’s stick with one helmet design now, it’s like he has no identity.

sam3110
    Participant

Just keep that helmet Sebastian, with a ggerman flag going around the helmet the same height and thickness of the visor.

Neusalz
    Participant

I actually like the fact that he keeps changing his helmet. Everyone else keeps the same design, so I often differentiate him as the driver by knowing what his teammates race in. If you look closely, most of his helmets have the same design features (character lines), but with different patterns filling it in. Its refreshing to see new designs, and is one of the main things I look forward to at the start of every season.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.