F1

Want more liveries in formula 1?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

I just recently created a petition to require formula 1 teams to run at least one one-off livery every season and was hoping for some feedback from fellow F1 fans. Feel free to ask me any questions. I really feel like this rule would benefit all parties involved and fit nicely along with the 2016 & 2017 changes.

https://www.change.org/p/formula-1-strategy-group-require-f1-teams-to-run-one-off-liveries-d86a3e25-fca3-4712-bed8-5e55bce7579a

HUHHII
    Participant

But I don’t want to see Ferrari suddenly changing its colours or Williams dropping their Martini livery, even if it’s one-off :/

We should encourage teams to have permanent liveries with some imagination.

Dan
    Participant

Correct me if i am wrong but dont the teams run one off liveries anyway?

Due to local advertising laws about alchol, or sponsers that have country specfic brands

Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

vettel

Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

I am not saying that teams like Ferrari and Williams will have to abandon their traditional colors, they can definitely create a very eye-catching livery while staying true to their colors. Here are two examples of a Ferrari and one of a Williams.

Ravi Bajpai
    Participant
    Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

f1

Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

The other two pictures won’t load.

As far as the one-off liveries teams run due to local advertising laws and countries with specific brands like this lotus livery and this Williams livery teams would have to change the coloring more since the amount they have changed their livery in these two pictures would not qualify.

Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

Interesting question.

I am not suggesting that they change the base coloring of their liveries, but they can change how their design incorporated their colors. For example this livery, which harks back to the design they use in the 1970’s, it still maintains the traditional red while also looking strikingly different. You do not have to change your traditional colors to make a new one-off livery. I look forward to seeing liveries like this on the Ferrari cars. Here is another livery for Ferrari and here is one for Williams.

Ravi Bajpai
    Participant

I am not saying that teams like Ferrari and Williams will have to abandon their traditional colors, they can definitely create a very eye-catching livery while staying true to their colors. Here are two examples of a Ferrari and one of a Williams.

http://www.designboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/classic-liveries-on-2013-f1-cars-designboom08.jpg

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/12518550763_aa361273f5_o.jpg

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/1450156_626249067437479_1005677733_n.jpg

These three redesigned liveries are still very cutting edge and jaw-dropping, but they still keep there colors. So you don’t have to worry about Ferrari dropping their rosso corsa or Williams their Martini livery (which they cannot get ride of in the first place since they probably have a contract).

matt90
    Participant

Forcing teams to run different liveries sounds utterly pointless and next to impossible to enforce to be honest.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forcing teams to run one-off liveries sounds just as pointless as banning helmet design changes. It wouldn’t have any real impact on anything whatsoever but would still undoubtedly draw criticism for that very reason.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure if I really understand the benefit of this idea. It became harder and harder to identify the drivers thanks to miniscule numbers on the cars, then their ever changing helmet colours, and if the bodywork liveries changed too – what chance would we have?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.