F1

Watching F1 in Dublin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – I’m moving to Dublin shortly to start a new job (yay!) but I gather in Ireland the F1 coverage only comes via Setanta on subscription, and I may not have access to cable/satellite TV in my new pad there.

So does anyone know a place (e.g. pub or otherwise) in Dublin where I might be able to watch the run-in to end of the 2010 season?

Ciaran
    Participant

No need to worry.Almost every television in Ireland picks up BBC1 and on it is of course F1.No need for Setanta really.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ciaran, you beat me to it. We do have the BBC and its coverage is far far better than Setanta. Setanta is now not even that good for football anymore, (not sure if you’re interested) so I may well be cancelling. Stickk with the BBC the forum after the races is brilliant!

Unfortunately I’m not really sure how many “F1” pubs you will find. Plenty of GAA, rugby and soccer pubs, but not F1.

Hairs
    Participant

Your TV options are:

UPC Cable carries all the major channels, but no red button functionality

Sky – same as the UK.

BBC and the major UK stations are all on the cheapest packages from both operators. Pubs don’t show F1 at all, and you’ll find pubs in Dublin (particularly at night) are hideously, hideously loud compared to the UK.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys, that’s very good news, I wasn’t looking forward to having to abandon Jake & co! Is BBC1 pick-upable on normal terrestrial TV then?

Ciaran
    Participant

Yes,Normal British terrestrial channels that can be picked up in Ireland include:BBC1,BBC2,ITV1 and Channel 4.

Hairs
    Participant

There’s no such thing as freeview over here though. In fact, I can’t think of anyone I’ve met in over 10 years that has “terrestrial” TV.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.