F1

What ever happened to the Ferrari mechanic?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What happened to the Ferrari mechanic who a few races ago suffered a brain aneurysm? I haven’t heard any other news. I hope he’s making a good recovery!

I was sure there was a ‘whatever happened to…’ thread somewhere and I wanted to add this to it but I couldn’t find anything. If I just imagined that thread then perhaps it might be a fun one to start?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

A brain aneurysm? I didn’t hear about that. Are you sure it was an aneurysm? They kill almost straight away. Even with someone short of a fully-trained medical professional in the room next to him, the chances of survival are miniscule.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

A quick search says he had an operation and is recovering, but that was around the time it happened. I’d assume he’s ok, otherwise I think we’d have heard something more about it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure PM. I was amazed he survived at the time.

Thanks Dan. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any other news udpates.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Might be worth tweeting a few people with paddock knowledge.

Scary Terry
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for bringing this up, Steph, I had no more news too and I didn’t know his illness was so bad. Luckily he’s recovering.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steph, I think you’re referring to this thread: https://www.racefans.net/forum/topic.php?id=617

Asanator
    Participant

My Father had a Brain Anyeurism whilst working a Ferrari too. Must be something they put in the Pasta!

Luckily when he started getting the headaches, He got the next plane home (to the UK) and was admitted to John Radcliffe in Oxford later that day!, Two days later he was perfectly normal and home after having a shunt put in and has never had a problem since!

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

I was thinking about that HRT mechanic that got hit at Monza last year as well. Does anyone know if he was okay in the end? It was kept very quiet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzc-QwvgLj8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.